• +
  • « First

200 Replies - 16968 Views - Last Post: 29 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: My Summer Game Programming Project - Due: 9.22.09

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

@Team,
Two weeks ago I started a different job in my company in a German based accounting group as their database/Excel programmer along with leading some key projects. The learning curve has been intense and my brain has been hurting each night. :D I've been too wiped out to code the game after programming all day. Additionally, my wife's business is driven by a lot of programming and she has required my weekends. I've got to program tonight and tomorrow for my wife...then I hope to be free.

One additional thing. A recruiter contacted me a few days ago about a new job out of the state. I've spent a lot of time completing questionnaires and updating my resume. I'll know in a couple of weeks if the job materializes. It is NOT a programming job...which would be my preference...so I could 'play' with game programming.

Sooo...I really hope to begin coding Sunday. Please DO NOT work on creating other assets at this time. Wait until I've beefed up the existing version. I'll let you know when it's ready...if you're still interested.

Regards,
Chuck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

@chuck

I know I'm ready to help, whatever the schedule turns out to be.

Viel glück mit deiner neuen job! (Sorry if that's wrong - my German is rusty after 8 years out of the country...)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:16 AM

@Richard

The german was correct. Just thought you liked to know

@Team

On a similar note, I am going to Germany all next week (Well until Friday). Sorry about this. I'll try to keep in touch though.

Hopfully this should bring my German on slightly better terms.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

I just skimmed through. Seems pretty nice. <3
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

@Team,
Hi all! As I mentioned above I've been contacted by a recruiter. Needless to say I've been spending all of my free time preparing for a perspective interview. The job is exactly what I want....very challenging and exciting. In addition, it would require relocation out of state to a 'more' beautiful location in the U.S. So, I've been going all out preparing for the interview by studying a variety of topics. My kids have caught me more than once talking to myself as I practice answering various interview questions. :D

Anyway, today is our stage 1 deadline. I'm sorry to say I have no further updates at the moment. This is entirely my fault. However, the potential job change has trumped all of my other plans. I should know something this week.

Regards,
Chuck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

Congrats on the job situation! Hate it when live gets in the way of our fun projects, but a job isn't a bad thing :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First