2 Replies - 4320 Views - Last Post: 12 June 2009 - 12:18 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Py2Exe For Multiple Files

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:47 PM

Hi there,

I did a pretty sizable project aimed at artists to allow the to manage their work. I titled my work 'PyCrylis', which was a Python implemenation of the Java based application called 'Acrylis.' I switched it over Python to learn the language in a fun way and to fix some bugs the Java version had.

When wrapping it up for my fellow artists, I realised that giving them all these .py files wouldn't fly with their comprehension of computers. Even if I had them install the Python interpreter, they would have to go through the trouble of fixing their PYTHONPATH environment variable to run it because of the extensive amount of files I used (and lack of experience to handle the problem otherwise).

So I come here to ask how one wraps multiple files into an .exe. I've seen singe files, but I cannot understand how to do a few. Here's my breakdown of code:

[Dir] Encryption
----->[File] Encryption.py
[Dir] Interface
----->[File] Graphics.py ** (Main entry point to the program) (Only file that contains a graphical interface.)
[Dir] Structure
----->[File] GlobalVales.py
----->[File] Project.py
[Dir] Xml
----->[File] Xml.py
[File] Database.xml

If you can help me sort this out, that'd be great. =P Thanks. ^^

This post has been edited by XPherior: 04 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Py2Exe For Multiple Files

• ???
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Py2Exe For Multiple Files

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

I think you can make exe file of all your python scripts. You have a main script(you said Graphics.py) and all the other programs are dependent on it. You can then make a package(installer) of all the scripts where you can put the graphics.py as the main exe. You can try some program (like inno setup) for this purpose.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Py2Exe For Multiple Files

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

I already sent it out to the client. My solution was lopping all of the classes into one file and using that on Py2Exe. Very sloppy, but I was pressed for time. =P Thanks, though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1