7 Replies - 3546 Views - Last Post: 23 August 2011 - 09:16 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 source144  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 06-June 09

How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

Post icon  Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:40 AM

How do i make my calculator (from the last subject of my) to .exe like the windows calc...?

Help

This post has been edited by source144: 08 June 2009 - 12:40 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

#2 RudiVisser  Icon User is offline

  • .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

Reputation: 1001
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,555
  • Joined: 05-June 09

Re: How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

Visual Studio -> Click Compile

If it's just one source file, from your command line (cmd) simply run:
csc sourcefile.cs
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Bocard  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 15
  • View blog
  • Posts: 222
  • Joined: 24-September 08

Re: How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:51 AM

View Postsource144, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 08:40 AM, said:

How do i make my calculator (from the last subject of my) to .exe like the windows calc...?

Help

you press F5 or go in the menu Debug-> Start debugging after that you go where your project is saved and in the bin folder and then in the debug folder you will have the .exe you want
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 source144  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 06-June 09

Re: How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:25 AM

View PostBocard, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 12:51 AM, said:

View Postsource144, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 08:40 AM, said:

How do i make my calculator (from the last subject of my) to .exe like the windows calc...?

Help

you press F5 or go in the menu Debug-> Start debugging after that you go where your project is saved and in the bin folder and then in the debug folder you will have the .exe you want



i wan't to make it exe so i won't need to get in visual studio every time and access it easily
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 RudiVisser  Icon User is offline

  • .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

Reputation: 1001
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,555
  • Joined: 05-June 09

Re: How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

View Postsource144, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 03:25 AM, said:

i wan't to make it exe so i won't need to get in visual studio every time and access it easily

Your executable will be located at PROJECTDIR\bin\[Debug|Release\PROJECTNAME.exe.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Bocard  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 15
  • View blog
  • Posts: 222
  • Joined: 24-September 08

Re: How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

View Postsource144, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 12:25 PM, said:

View PostBocard, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 12:51 AM, said:

View Postsource144, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 08:40 AM, said:

How do i make my calculator (from the last subject of my) to .exe like the windows calc...?

Help

you press F5 or go in the menu Debug-> Start debugging after that you go where your project is saved and in the bin folder and then in the debug folder you will have the .exe you want



i wan't to make it exe so i won't need to get in visual studio every time and access it easily


yes...the exe you find in the debug folder is a standalone app. you can send it to whoever you want or use it whenever you want as long as you have the .net framework the application needs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 sachu2707  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: -2
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 23-August 11

Re: How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

[quote name='Bocard' date='08 June 2009 - 04:31 AM' timestamp='1244460703' post='666567']
[quote name='source144' post='666559' date='8 Jun, 2009 - 12:25 PM']
[quote name='Bocard' post='666521' date='8 Jun, 2009 - 12:51 AM']

View Postsource144, on 8 Jun, 2009 - 08:40 AM, said:

how to convert c# application to .exe file.That .exe file should run without C# in the system.
how to convert c# application to .exe file.That .exe file should run without C# in the system.


Help

Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1  Icon User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 8379
  • View blog
  • Posts: 31,147
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: How do i convert the C# program/project to .exe

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

Thank you for posting nothing on a two year old topic. I'll close it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1