• +

Replies To: i want my own site help me

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: i want my own site help me

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

how can i host it through my own PC

That probably isn't the best decision. The best way to host web sites is either having a hosting provider that will allocate you some space on its server (the cheapest way and sometimes even free if you don't care about a domain name and additional ads). If the site becomes 'big', you will need a dedicated server, but that will be needed later, much later.

Anyway, if you still want to host it on your own PC, you will need a web server (like IIS or Apache). Then, depending on the site features, you may want to install additional software, like RDBMS (like Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL), server-side language support (like ASP.NET, JSP or PHP). When all this is set up correctly, you will need to set up a DNS. If you have a static IP (that does not change) it is a bit easier. You will even be able to access your web siteby entering your IP (after correctly configuring the web server). If you have a dynamic IP (that is allocated for you, the user, every time you connect to the Internet), you will need to take a look for DNS provider.

and what about file zilla will it be helpful

FileZilla is specifically an FTP client. Yes, it will be useful to upload your web site to a remote server. It does not make sense though if you are hosting the web site on your own machine.

actually i want to earn money using Google Adsense

That is probably the worst mistake a beginner can do. While your site is not popluar and you are only starting with it, try to avoid ads to the maximum. Just put yourself in the visitor's place - for how long would you like to stay on a web page that is quite fresh, but covered in Google ads?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

As I always suggest for someone wanting to host from home, you'll need to check with your ISP & their Terms of Service agreement. You may not be able to, as a residential account is not the same as a commercial account.

& then, you need to understand the security risks & prevention specific to your Operating System & your hosting software.

After all that, then decide if you still want to host from home :)

If your goal is to earn money from Ad Sense, you are better off buying a Domain Name from eBay that has a PR rating. Create a site with some Google value content, & host it on a reliable server. Collect some click-revenue for a month or two & then resell the site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

if
i try hosting provide so what it will provide to me and how can host a site by a hosting server
i mean that how would i update my pages add new pages
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

View Postprabh, on 9 Jun, 2009 - 11:27 AM, said:

if
i try hosting provide so what it will provide to me and how can host a site by a hosting server
i mean that how would i update my pages add new pages

Most hosting services will either give you an ftp server that you can use to upload your files. Others offer an ftp server and an online service to add new files to your web site. It really depends on the hosting company you choose. There are many hosting services available. Try googling: web hosting services
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

okie dokie
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -