3 Replies - 825 Views - Last Post: 12 June 2009 - 05:18 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Game Creating?

Post icon  Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

I'm a male cheerleader and I'm REALLY into cheering and I want to make an all-star cheer leading game but i don't know where to start can anyone help?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Game Creating?

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Game Creating?

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

View Postmikecheer101, on 12 Jun, 2009 - 03:37 PM, said:

I'm a male cheerleader and I'm REALLY into cheering and I want to make an all-star cheer leading game but i don't know where to start can anyone help?

Did you want to write the game or just make the graphics? If you want to write the game you might want to check out this article:

The Path To Becoming a Game Programmer

For the graphics, I'm not really a graphics artist so I can't really advise you on that one. Maybe somebody else here can.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

i want to make a simulation game but not the kind that u live your life the kind like for example what i want to do is make a game where u have a cheer gym u practice in and then u compete against teams at competitions for 1st 2nd 3rd place.Do u know what i can do to get started besides learning the gaming language i want to use(which is C plus plus)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:18 PM

View Postmikecheer101, on 12 Jun, 2009 - 05:49 PM, said:

i want to make a simulation game but not the kind that u live your life the kind like for example what i want to do is make a game where u have a cheer gym u practice in and then u compete against teams at competitions for 1st 2nd 3rd place.Do u know what i can do to get started besides learning the gaming language i want to use(which is C plus plus)

If you want to do it in 3D you would want to look into 3D modelling software. There are many but at the moment all I can think of is Blender. There are also game libraries you can look into as well as graphics APIs. From what you are describing, this project wouldn't really be for a beginner. It will take a lot of time and you would want good graphics and most likely sounds as well. Try asking this question in the game programming forum, they may have better answers to your questions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1