• (2 Pages)
  • +

Get to the Top of Google... FAST! Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

So you've got a website, now you need some traffic. Here's a very quick look at the do's and don'ts of making it to the top on Google.

Do:
  • Title every page with the 2 or 3 keywords you want that page to appear in the SERPS for
  • Use the keywords in the title again in the description and the alt text of the first image on the page
  • Get as many links on related sites with a Page Rank of 5 or higher
  • Add new content every day, atleast 1 new page a day *very important*
  • Put your navigation on the right side, Google is interested in content, not your navigation
  • Use <h1> and <h2> around the keywords you used in your title. Make a CSS style to override the look
Don't:
  • Title your pages with the name of your site unless the name of your site is the keyword
  • Use automated submission programs to submit to google, don't even use google's own submit form
  • Create URL's with more than 1 or 2 variables. (index.php?this=1&that=2&other=3&what=4 is BAD)
  • Have more than 100 links on any page
  • Place non-relevant content above or to the left of relevant content
  • Use automated submission programs, not even google's own submit form (get the point?!)
The fastest way to get listed on google, and to make it to the top of the listings is to search for your keyword, copy the URL of the #1 site and search for related:urlofnumber1site.com, this returns all the sites that google thinks are closely related. Get a link on EVERY one of those pages. A link on a PR7 site will be spidered within 24 hours!

A little unknown trick to getting listed quickly in Yahoo is to have an RSS feed of your content and add that RSS feed to your "My Yahoo" page, Yahoo will spider your pages within 48 hours.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Get to the Top of Google... FAST!

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:53 AM

So for those of us who are really new (did I mention REALLY new) at this, please explain RSS feeds. What are they, how they are used etc.
You also mention getting a link on every one of your competitor's websites. Or at least that's how I translated it. Now how in the world do you do THAT???
New content every day? How do you do that? Any EASY way to do it? Tip of the day box? other suggestions???
Dying of curiosity...someone throw me a life jacket!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:48 AM

Here is a good starter article on RSS.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:08 AM

Spidered, eh? I see... I didn't know that google looked for that kind of thing, but it makes a LOT of sense! Much appreciated! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

Of course, Sky's method is beautiful. tried and found to be true, another method is to create a "google-bomb" make a freewebs page or something liek that and make a bunch of hyperlinks to your page, contained in the text of the hyperlink should be the keywords to your site, change the order for each new hyperlink and make sure they all point to your site. this works because of google's search algorithm, it checks pages for hyperlinks. example: if d.i.c had 5 links to it from some sites. and yahoo.com only had 3 then d.i.c would appear before yahoo in a google search. like when you google "miserable failure" george bush appears first. :) hope this helped, peace
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

View Postcipherence, on 24 Aug, 2006 - 02:58 PM, said:

Of course, Sky's method is beautiful. tried and found to be true, another method is to create a "google-bomb" make a freewebs page or something liek that and make a bunch of hyperlinks to your page, contained in the text of the hyperlink should be the keywords to your site, change the order for each new hyperlink and make sure they all point to your site. this works because of google's search algorithm, it checks pages for hyperlinks. example: if d.i.c had 5 links to it from some sites. and yahoo.com only had 3 then d.i.c would appear before yahoo in a google search. like when you google "miserable failure" george bush appears first. :) hope this helped, peace

But your freewebs site would have a very low pagerank... wouldn't those incoming links be pretty useless?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:57 PM

Google bombing is no longer a viable method to effect the SERPS.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

dude thanks so much i didnt know about the navigation bar.
or the h1 h2
:^: :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

Thanks you. This tutorial has some good tips, needed it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for the great tips.

SEO Services Outsourcing

This post has been edited by vitebseo: 07 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• $bert = new DragonUnicorn(); $bert->rawr();
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

great post, i was unaware of how google searched through your site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

ok so the only part i dont understand is how do you get a link on every page? do you mean put a link of that site on my website, or get a link to my site on theirs? Your help is much appreciated!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

View Postliquid7325, on 27 Apr, 2009 - 12:02 PM, said:

ok so the only part i dont understand is how do you get a link on every page? do you mean put a link of that site on my website, or get a link to my site on theirs? Your help is much appreciated!

yes that was my problem for understand this exactly the same as you explain it
if more explanation about this links if it must be in my page for another sites or- from another sites linked to my pages ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 Guest_David*

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

View Postliquid7325, on 27 April 2009 - 12:02 PM, said:

It means you have to find ways of getting your link on those websites. This could be a direct discussion with the website owner, or if its a blog then make a quality comment. Its probably the hardest part of the tutorial, but will definitely be worth it if you can pull it off.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

Hello Guys,

This is actually my very first post. Just registered today.

This is a really good read and judging from the responses, this probably works :) However, I do have a few questions since I am an utter noob.

Questions

* Get as many links on related sites with a Page Rank of 5 or higher

I have no idea how to get a related sites link? Maybe I am completely missing the point here but why would I post someone else's website url on my site?

* Use <h1> and <h2> around the keywords you used in your title. Make a CSS style to override the look

Is this with CSS or in HTML?

I apologize if I sounds completely ignorant but I definitely want to learn and this seems to be a very good place to start.

Thanks
- Taha

This post has been edited by tahaahsan: 21 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +