Dream.In.Code and Martyr2 Want to Take You To Middle-earth!
Your name in lights (or at least on a piece of paper) at the famous LOTR filming locations!
Answering questions can certainly take a lot out of you and I think it is time for a vacation from it all. However, I can't stay away from Dream In Code. I am an addict! So in cooperation with Dream.In.Code, the Internet's #1 programming help community, I am going to take you all with me on my first class trip to New Zealand from June 20 - 28th! New Zealand is the home of Lord of the Rings (LOTR) and many other blockbuster movies from Peter Jackson and company.
We will get to see things from the LOTR series, King Kong, Chronicles of Narnia, possibly the upcoming movie The Hobbit and more! Down there we will also view spectacular sights and drink up the geekiness together. Some of the LOTR sites we will be visiting include...the Shire, Race to the Ferry, Dunharrow, Village of Bree, Rivendell, Fords of Isen, Gardens of Isengard, Minas Tirith and Helms Deep. I will also visit places that include glow worm caves, kiwi birds and shopping districts in Auckland and Wellington. But how can I take all of you to share in the action?
This is how it works:
* For my trip to the shire on a door of one of the houses would read a note "Customer: Bilbo Baggins, Package Delivery Attempt: 2:34pm Message: Please pick up package and bring ring of power to our Mordor Office... Signed: Sauron... I mean UPS"
* When I visit the location of Rivendell a note hung on a tree saying "I see elf people! Hopefully they don't see me because I was drunk and forgot my pants"
* At the location of the catch the ferry scene a note reading "Ferry Schedule: Hobbits, elves and dwarves every 15 minutes, Orcs NEVER!"
* In a forest location a sign hung on a gnarly tree "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. This Ent is my father. Prepare to die."
* Flight on the plane I will be sleeping in pods, note on pod reads "The elusive Martyr2 egg, contents are already scrambled"
2) I will use this thread to select some of the cleverest posts and use them to help annotate my trip. I will write some on paper and use them in high quality photographs of places I visit and people I meet in New Zealand. So to help with that, keep your messages short! The more generic the easier it will be to incorporate into my adventures.
3) You then follow myself "@MartyrsCry" and "@DreamInCode" on Twitter to see my on the road tweets and pictures featuring your sayings or responses to your postings. I will be posting new shots and replying to posts on the board and twitter daily.
What better way of enjoying some of the LOTR action than joining in and participating on some of my $18k+ trip from the comfort of your computers or mobile devices? It is just one way </dream.in.code> and Martyr2 keep things interesting while we code. So be sure to sign up on http://www.dreamincode.net (and follow "@MartyrsCry" and "@DreamInCode" on twitter) if you haven't already.
See you all in Middle-earth!
This post has been edited by Martyr2: 17 June 2009 - 08:11 PM