1 Replies - 924 Views - Last Post: 22 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

#1 stayscrisp  Icon User is online

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Interview and CV Tips For Programmers

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:41 AM

A lot of us share the same goal, to become a professional programmer. We have the skills and the drive but still can't seem to land that dream job.

I thought that some of the professional programmers from this community could share how they landed the job or, if they are at a higher level, what they look for in a new employee.

Tips, example CV/Resumes and interview techniques would be great. I know that because of the specific nature of some jobs keeping it general will be quite hard but I'm sure it'll be interesting either way.

I look forward to replies in this thread :D

This post has been edited by stayscrisp: 19 June 2009 - 08:42 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Interview and CV Tips For Programmers

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Interview and CV Tips For Programmers

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

I had a job interview last week. They put me in a room by myself and gave me instructions on a program they wanted me to write. They wanted to write a program that would take a file that has names and information and create a new file of the same contents sorted, formatted and any duplicates removed. They let me use eclipse and they had an abstract class and two interfaces I had to extend and implement.

I was wondering how often this type of interview is conducted? It seemed weird to me that they didn't conduct any Q&A and they didn't even ask me about what I did get done in the program or what I was having trouble with.

This post has been edited by happycamper: 22 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1