Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Browser game.

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Browser game.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

We WILL NOT DO YOUR WORK FOR YOU Also could you be more specific what kind of game. First person MMO. There are way to many variables here to even tell you where to start.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

HI I am not new to programming. So dont think i am just a beginner wanting someone do to the whole thing for me. i am just looking for a guiding hand down the right road. i am having the same problem. i want to create a text based game such as kingdom of loathing or themobstersworld. but i dont have a clue where to start. please somebody help me
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

but i dont have a clue where to start. please somebody help me
And you aren't a beginner to programming right? So programmer to programmer, tell us what you did to get an idea of where to start. For example, as a non-beginner to programming, you are already very proficient with Google. So you have already made a number of Google queries, gone through the results, and made more searches. Can you give us examples of what you searched for? What you read?

As a non-beginner to programming, you are familiar with Wikipedia. It's not an official resource, but it's a good way to get ideas of what options exist out there in the world. What did you look for on Wikipedia?

What about searches in forums. You searched this forum obviously, so which threads did you want clarification on? Same goes with other forums. You searched other forums that have game programming specific sections, right? So what did you find and what did you not understand?

In short, can you tell us what you tried to answer your question. You said you had no clue where to start, which is pretty incredible. In fact, I recall a wiki specifically started to give ideas on where to start, and as a non-beginner, you clearly found it. It would help if you told us how it was inadequate, so we can give you specifically useful information for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:18 AM

OWNED. Thanks Oler.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -