2 Replies - 8279 Views - Last Post: 05 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

HDMI out resolution problem

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

Hi guys,
Yesterday I was helping a friend hooking up his pc to his new LED tv through HDMI. We got everything working, including the sound after I found out the S/PDIF wasn't connected. Here comes the problem: I got it working in two ways: the first time the tv had the same resolution as the monitor(so a lower then 1080p, dont remember exact) and then after installing the newest drivers the tv got 1080p but as I plugged in the HDMI cable the monitor seemed to only show the desktop background photo and nothing more.

What my friend really wants is to keep the monitor at the normal resolution, and to get 1080p on the HDMI out. And I'm not sure if that's possible with a single GPU, another solution would be to switch between HDMI out and monitor out in an easy way(he's not too good with pc's), so he doesn't have to unplug the HDMI cable everytime and get his pc screen screwed up. I hope I made myself clear, but does somebody have some ideas on this?

BTW his pc is a intel quad core with 3GB of RAM, the videocard is a ASUS EN9500GT and it's running on vista.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: HDMI out resolution problem

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: HDMI out resolution problem

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

Hint: check your keyboard. When I've been asked to set up projectors and external displays etc... I always check if there is a shortcut on the keyboards function keys. This doesn't apply to all computers and in.that case you may need to rely on a third-party utility.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: HDMI out resolution problem

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

Oops I just realised I'm necroposting again and you're in a desktop so what I just told you probably wont apply. Sorry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1