Listing all the variables in a Flash Game

How can i make a Flash Variable Scanner?

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 6298 Views - Last Post: 27 June 2009 - 08:53 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Listing all the variables in a Flash Game

Post icon  Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

I have currently been making a scanner for my flash games that scans the game, finds and lists all the variables.

It would take a tremendous amount of time to brute-force the variables but there are some tools like:

Ragnarok:
http://ragnarokcheats.110mb.com/

-Mth2- Scanner- :
http://up2share.com/view/19045/

...That somehow scan the actionscript or something like that and find all the variables in the flash movie.

How can i do this in VB2008?

No Luck looking in Google, So hope you can help me.

Also, try to noob it down a little for me, im kinda new to VB.

Thanks!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Listing all the variables in a Flash Game

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Listing all the variables in a Flash Game

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:40 AM

Dream.In.Code has a policy by which we prefer to see a good faith effort on your part before providing source code for homework assignments. Please post the code you have written in an effort to resolve the problem, and our members would be happy to provide some guidance. Be sure to include a description of any errors you are encountering as well.

Post your code like this: :code:

Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

View Postixoye800, on 25 Jun, 2009 - 04:27 PM, said:

I have currently been making a scanner for my flash games that scans the game, finds and lists all the variables.

It would take a tremendous amount of time to brute-force the variables but there are some tools like:

Ragnarok:
http://ragnarokcheats.110mb.com/

-Mth2- Scanner- :
http://up2share.com/view/19045/

...That somehow scan the actionscript or something like that and find all the variables in the flash movie.

Thanks!!!

So far Nothing I've done Works yet

i dont know what this does, but it certainly doesnt do what im Expecting:

AxShockwaveFlashPlayer.FlashVars

I dont understand much of VB.Net yet because i am so new to it (~3 Months)...

...So I Wouldnt know what to tell you because i seriously have no clue in how to do this.

If any of this gives you a clue in what im trying to do. Dont hesitate to give your opinion.

Thanks!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Recovering D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

So, basically, you're trying to code yourself some kind of make-shift Flash\ActionScript "resource-hacker" or something?. (I was first going to use the terminology "decompiler\disassembler" but you're really not looking to take the functionality that far.)

There are a few technical problems with this. Several actually, setting aside that you admit to having very little knowledge of the language.
Now, I understand that it can be exciting and overwhelming to learn about these things and you might already have some ideas that you want to try and work out, and that is probably making you all the more impatient... but you have to realize how naive this is. And it isn't even really the nature of what you are asking (though it does contribute), but the manner in which you are asking it.

What I mean here in particular is that you are sounding like you not only blindly assume that this, in fact, can be done, but that it must also be an easy task to accomplish! This is most definitely not an easy thing to do, it may not even be possible and I will explain why in a moment.
First, you need to understand that the most important thing you can do for yourself should you wish to not be such a "noob" (as you put it), is get down and dirty with the basics of VB.Net and object oriented programming. Encapsulation, Abstraction, Polymorphism, Inheritance, Multiple Interfaces...this is all important and there are a vast number of resource available to help you.

Let's assume somebody here did just hand you some code. How are you going to know what it does or how to expand upon it? You're not.
I am not just saying all of this to be an ass, we all learn through prior knowledge. You can't build a house, or a computer program for that matter, without a strong foundation. Trust me, I know what happens when you try, and what happens is you get in over your head, you get frustrated that nothing is going the way you want it to and in the end you get no where.

So aside from having knowledge of a language to implement what you're asking you would also have to have extensive knowledge of ActionScript and how Flash objects are compiled and saved. I mean you would really have to know the inner-workings of all of this. I do believe that it was possible to extract resources from older versions of compiled flash applications, maybe even decompile them, but this was years and years ago so I doubt those utilities apply to modern .swf files.
Don't let any of this discourage you from wanting to learn how to code, just realize that things like this are much more complicated than they may seem to you and require much more than just knowing how to write code.

This post has been edited by LoveIsNull: 27 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1