2 Replies - 634 Views - Last Post: 28 June 2009 - 01:03 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

site check

Post icon  Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

need a quick site check please done a bit of work since late time i posted on here

need to know anything thats wrong with it so far so i can try to improve
the site is

http://www.stablemaster.org
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: site check

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: site check

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

nice site i really like it. but if you center the index page it will looks better and also try manage color.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• binary decision maker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: site check

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:03 AM

With the login option on a different page, it's essentially a splash screen. They're mostly a no-no. Put the login form at the top of every page, with a "register" button next to it if they're not logged in, like you can here for example.
The colour scheme is a bit nasty, imo, and your logo has a white background which you should trim or match to the page background.

If you want it to look professional you should write words like "you" rather than "u" in the blurb - aside from anything else, it's not really googlable!

Why is the text blurb in a box with a scrollbar when it would easily fit on the screen? It looks funny like that, like someone's made a mistake.

It's the wrong aspect. People are used to web sites they scroll down, not across, and while this scales ok, on a widescreen monitor it's just too spread out. I have text on my left, a picture in the middle and links way over on the right with spaces in between. Put everything in a centred container or shuffle it up against the side.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1