1 Replies - 3986 Views - Last Post: 25 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

MPEG Audio XING header TOC definition

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:39 AM

Can anyone point me at the definition/specification of the contents of a Xing header TOC please.
Ive spent hours googling for this and can only find
"Every TOC entry contains the size of the n-th frame. Calculating the position of the 3rd frame should look as following: header_size + toc[0] + toc[1] + toc[2]"
which obviously isnt correct as there is always 100 TOC entries (and the calculation example would give the start position of the 4th frame).
Ive investigated existing Xing files and the TOC contains 100 bytes, the first being zero and each incremented by 2, 3, 4 etc.
Example 0, 2, 4, 7, 9, 11 ........ 248, 251, 253.
I am writing a C program which creates a .mp3 audio file from extracts from various other .mp3 files and so the result will be a Variable Bit Rate file.
Ive everything working now and the result plays fine. However, I need to allow positioning within the file when being played (e.g. by Windows Media Player) which I think creating a correct TOC will do.
[If anyone is interested the program produces music to run to: selected tracks with 'timers' inside telling you your remaining duration etc. Once working I will be giving it away for free, including the C source if required.]

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: MPEG Audio XING header TOC definition

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: MPEG Audio XING header TOC definition

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

I hope it will be helpful for you! Good luck!How to convert SWF to video[/url] quickly? The first choice is professional SWF to video
conversion tool, SWF to Video Converter provides you perfect output quality to convert SWF to various video formats, and also support playback on iPod, iPhone, Apple TV and versatile portable players. Besides freely converting SWF to video, this powerful SWF to Video Converter enables you to convert SWF to video at your demand, such as customize output effect, preview and take snapshot, batch conversion and so on. To convert SWF to video become easier once owning this SWF to Video Converter.
More assisstants:
Convert SWF to AVI
Convert Flashi to FlV
Convert SWF to FlV
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1