2 Replies - 2055 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2005 - 09:41 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

A general question...

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:54 AM

Hi, I am researching a best way to program a couple hundred network devices. Each has an IP address. Each has a html gui that is the programming interface for the device. I need a program to access the ip address, enter values in text fields, and press buttons (that's pretty much it)

Any thoughts on a simple scripting program or any other method of performing this task? Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A general question...

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A general question...

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:01 AM

If this isn't something you expect to be doing regularly, you might take a look at AC Tool. It's an application for programming automated tasks. If you're programming all of the devices with the same values, it'll definitely work (and may even be a bit of overkill). If the values might vary, then I suspect it will work for you, but it'll depend.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A general question...

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:41 AM

If these are just web based forms, and each one is on it's own IP addy and that's how you access them... I would suggest RoboForm:

http://www.roboform.com/features.html

It's actually a few programs in one, it's a password manager, but it's also a Form Filler, it will let you specify what you want in each form and it will submit the form for you, pretty slick and handy for filling out hundreds of the same "submit your site" forms online, I'm sure it'll work for what you're looking for too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1