• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

97 Replies - 19581 Views - Last Post: 13 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Dream Job?

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

I would like to work for a company like IBM, Intel, or AMD because of their rich histories in computing. I would also like to contribute something to the computing industry that would land me a small mention in computer science text books =)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:40 AM

I think my dream job would have to be in networking or in programming (i'm open to platform and language really)

They key for me is that the job must be stimulating and challenging. I look for and enjoy challenges and like to constantly learn and keep up to date with technology.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:42 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 8 Jul, 2009 - 04:32 AM, said:

(1 yd, for the non-Americans in the crowd) and more than one person competent enough to complete a task.

Lol, a yard is still a US measurement. Meter is metric :-P And I would love to be at a place where they hire only competent people as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:44 AM

lol... well, given my lack of knowledge of non-US measurements, I suppose my competency could be considered questionable as well. :P

**EDIT: Measurement conversion correction** 3 feet == 1 yard == 0.9144 meters (or metres if you're that frickin' special). :D

This post has been edited by BenignDesign: 09 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:45 AM

Backend programming. I hate writing the GUIs, whether it's a GUI builder or not. And nothing with HTML/CSS, I'll let someone else do that. Some place where I am not restricted to using only COTS or GOTS or Open Source. Basically free reign in how I solve a problem. That or Software Architect.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bug Juice Doesn't Come in a Jar
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

Working for a big web design/graphic design firm, or having my own.

But really my dream job is the longboard company I just started. If I could get it going and start making good money off, it would be awesome.

Every 18 year old skater kids dream is to have their own skateboard company ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

My dream job would be doing exactly what I'm doing now, CEO of 2 international businesses (soon to be 3) around the world. The fact I achieved it at the age of 18 just makes it even more worth the associated stress and complications involved by doing so.

It's basically involving everything that I could possibly want to do, which involves managing a team, managing customers, working alongside clients to create solutions, web/software development, overseeing projects and support, managing business growth, meetings, etc. etc.

Also the traveling opportunities from being present in different countries is a big bonus on top of the beautiful car etc :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#23 Guest_Neumann*

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

View PostMageUK, on 9 Jul, 2009 - 09:54 AM, said:

My dream job would be doing exactly what I'm doing now, CEO of 2 international businesses (soon to be 3) around the world. The fact I achieved it at the age of 18 just makes it even more worth the associated stress and complications involved by doing so.

It's basically involving everything that I could possibly want to do, which involves managing a team, managing customers, working alongside clients to create solutions, web/software development, overseeing projects and support, managing business growth, meetings, etc. etc.

Also the traveling opportunities from being present in different countries is a big bonus on top of the beautiful car etc :P

And on top of all of this you manage to post 23 times each day on this website. That is very impressive.

P.S. Wikipedia says that Mage Software was founded by Rudi Visser (you) in 2002. Weren't you like 12 years old? Man, you gotta teach us how you did it!

This post has been edited by Neumann: 09 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

View PostNeumann, on 9 Jul, 2009 - 12:47 PM, said:

And on top of all of this you manage to post 23 times each day on this website. That is very impressive.

Advertising isn't it :)

I have a natural call to help people out.

EDIT: Mage Software is not Mage UK.. Mage Software was a school-funded venture when I just started coding, my team (ie. a couple of friends) were always let's say... Over-Acheivers, we made software that could be used for demonstration purposes within classrooms (primary + secondary science apps primary), I'm sure if you read further, it will be in there.

EDIT2: Most of my posts start at 2pm.. That's when support's taken off me and UK team for US support guys to deal with "lower level" support queries which take up most of our time.

EDIT3: And I think I was 13 not 12 :)

EDIT4: If you're still doubting it check when the company was registered, when I was 16... It's really not that hard to believe.
Furthermore that Wikipedia page is very out of date... I guess I should update it. :)

This post has been edited by MageUK: 09 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

I would love to work for Valve! L4D 4EVA!!!! I'd like to get into game dev, so I don't really care. I'd like to make my own company though. <3
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

I would love to end up working in game development. I'd like to create and run an indie game studio, or if that doesn't work out, try and get into a major game studio and work my way up the ladder.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

@ MageUK: SHOW OFF!

When I was 13, I...played Nintendo. Now that I'm in my late 20's, I...play the PS3. Damn, it sucks comparing myself to you! lol, it's all good, you the man.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 9 Jul, 2009 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'd like to make my own company though. <3

So do it, all you have to do is file the right paper work ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#29 Guest_Neumann*

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 9 Jul, 2009 - 09:37 PM, said:

So do it, all you have to do is file the right paper work ;)

True. I remember when I was 11 years old I learned some HTML and made a webpage for my friend who lived in Israel. So I guess I was a CEO of my own multinational corporation. Not too shabby for an 11 year old :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Disassembling...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:32 AM

Java web content scripter :P or medical scientist. :^: :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (7 Pages)
  • +