Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 893 Views - Last Post: 10 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

DSi

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Hey everyone!!!

Lately I have been considering getting a DSi, my main game playing would be roleplaying and classics. My only set backs are the actual amount of time I would spend playing it.

After thinking about it and being involved with school (Comp Science degree) I have figured it would be something to do on down time while at campus in between classes and what have you. My nephew has one and its in is hands non-stop (also has DS). I know I wouldn't play it that much but I would really like your opinions, those of you who have a DS or DSi. Do you play it enough to compensate for the purchase?

Thanks everyone for your time!!

Also tell me what you think of the handheld overall, are roleplaying games good on it??
~~~Anything you feel I should know about it!!!~~~~

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: DSi

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: DSi

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:45 PM

The thing I like about the DS & DS Lite is that you can play GBA games on it too. This feature was removed from the DSi. But you get a camera... oooh!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

The DS gives you a lot of game abilities (like #2 said, but will be lacking in some of the newer ones (no camera).

As for it being worth the money, that depends on how many games you like to play that it has. The Legend of Zelda games are always fun for a bit, but I have noticed a steady trend in them gettin easier and easier to the point where you can pretty much sit down and complete a whole game withing a couple of days (in fact I have more trouble with the old Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time game than any of the newer ones). Nintendo also seems to be running out of creative ways for boss battles to go. In Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Link to the Past, and other games you start seeing patterns to boss battles. It seems as though each game has a boss which you must defeat by reflecting one of its attacks back at it, and another boss that has some sort of living armor that you must takea way and kill one-by-one to make the boss vulnerable. Nintendo just seems to be going more and more kiddy with the DS lineup. (Sorry, Legend of Zelda is the only RPG-esque game I play for the DS)

In all, it really depends on how many games you currenty have that you liek to play. While there are new ones coming out I am affraid that their challenge will be short-lived and you will feel as though you have wasted the money (Hence the reason I haven't bought anything for the DS recently).

Hopefully that wasn't too much of a rant for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Jawsome++;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:40 AM

The DS is a great tool, especially if you're competent in computer science. Specifically you can use cards like the R4 to bypass the original firmware and run your own applications, or even code up your own games. If you do choose a DSi however, there are also cards of similar caliber which could do the same thing, i.e. the R4i.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:31 AM

View PostBetaWar, on 8 Jul, 2009 - 09:11 PM, said:

The Legend of Zelda games are always fun for a bit, but I have noticed a steady trend in them gettin easier and easier to the point where you can pretty much sit down and complete a whole game withing a couple of days...

Slightly offtopic... I finished the Zelda game on the Wii within a few days of buying it. Still a damned good game though :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

I love my DS its great! I play it all the time.

The DSi may get better but at the moment I don't think the price tag is justified, I like RPG's and there are tons on the GBA, getting rid of that slot is a bad move I think.

Why have a camera :s got a much better one on my phone, the one on the DSi is crap! also it may eventually be implemented into games but who's gonna sit on a bus pulling faces at their DSi.

The most interesting thing about DSi is the online store, and DSi-Ware.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• sudo apt-get install brain
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:55 AM

The DSi is very entertaining. I was a bit annoyed because R4 doesn't work with it so there's no homebrew! But you'd have a lot of fun with it with your friends of family.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

I think the DSi is worth getting. Although get an old DS afterwards if you can, because you cant play games like guitar hero on tour on dsi
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1