Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 855 Views - Last Post: 16 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

What are the initial costs?

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

Right!

I have a website, morkalork.com, which is not successfull at all, and that's ok. I never intentended it to be a bigshot. What I wonder however is: If you have a site that you want to get successfull, and that you want to generate money, how long will it take from getting a steady flow of visitors to actually getting money out of advertisment?

The reason I'm asking is that I don't host myself, I alwasy use webhosts, and the generally have the idea that if you have too much traffic they will charge you extra. This means you have to make even more money on the advertisment to cover the extra costs from having the massive amounts of traffic it takes to get any adds in the first place.

Anyone want to share their experiance on this subject? :rolleyes:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What are the initial costs?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: What are the initial costs?

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

View Postmaffelu, on 14 Jul, 2009 - 03:31 AM, said:

Right!

I have a website, morkalork.com, which is not successfull at all, and that's ok. I never intentended it to be a bigshot. What I wonder however is: If you have a site that you want to get successfull, and that you want to generate money, how long will it take from getting a steady flow of visitors to actually getting money out of advertisment?

The reason I'm asking is that I don't host myself, I alwasy use webhosts, and the generally have the idea that if you have too much traffic they will charge you extra. This means you have to make even more money on the advertisment to cover the extra costs from having the massive amounts of traffic it takes to get any adds in the first place.

Anyone want to share their experiance on this subject? :rolleyes:

What webhost are you using? Most webhosts nowadays offer very cheap. reliable, and most importantly unlimited webhosting (HostGator, DreamHost). While there's probably a hidden limit that's not publicly specified, unless you want to start a site like Youtube or Vimeo or something, I really don't think they will limit you..

With that said, you won't or.. should NOT have to pay more money when you get more traffic. Unless maybe your renting from a hosting company owned by a high school kid or something who just wants money..

In my experience, I started a website to offer a service and did not want to make money. Once the service is there, along with the active users/visitors, throw an ad or two in the mix and you'll start generating a decent amount.

Sometimes you gotta use and lose money to make money :)

Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1