3 Replies - 8407 Views - Last Post: 08 July 2010 - 12:11 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Access 2007 - Enter parameter value prompt

Post icon  Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:51 AM

Greetings,

I'm working on an issue that's driving me absolutely up the wall right now. It's an Access program that uses a series of linked tables, queries, forms, and macros. And I unfortunately did not write it, I had to take over the support for it from a different programmer. And let's just say his method of documentation was sub-standard.

The program has been working perfectly fine for the last 7 years or so, it was written on the Access 2002 (XP) platform. The company that has been using it has recently upgraded to Office 2007 however, and with this upgrade came Access 2007. We've been able to open their program by selecting Microsoft Access 2000-2002 Databases. And from what I can tell 95% of the program is working as intended. But I'm having a bit of difficulty on that last 5%. And it has to do with a report.

Every time you run it (or even change pages of the report) you are prompted to "Enter parameter value for res_info.RLast". Now upon searching all over the web for tips on this issue most users said it had to do with a typo. Which I am 99.99% certain it can't be a typo since running the same exact Access Database on Office XP does not give me this prompt. And with no coding changes in the last few years I don't see how there could all of the sudden be a typo in the code. It's clearly a difference between Access 2007 and Access XP.

It also comes up serveral times (at least 10 times total when you run the report (which is generally 3 pages). And simply by pressing OK and not putting any parameter values in the report runs perfectly fine. It's just very annoying as they run these reports quite frequently. I've tried even putting random letters in as the parameter values and no where on the report do they ever show up. I've looked at every object on the report and can't even find a reference to res_info.RLast. And the report has one sub-report, which I have also checked. I'm stumped!

Has anyone experienced this issue before? And what steps did you take to resolve it?

This post has been edited by eworm: 14 July 2009 - 05:56 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Access 2007 - Enter parameter value prompt

#2 Guest_Coosbane*

Re: Access 2007 - Enter parameter value prompt

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

View Posteworm, on 14 July 2009 - 04:51 AM, said:

Greetings,

I'm working on an issue that's driving me absolutely up the wall right now. It's an Access program that uses a series of linked tables, queries, forms, and macros. And I unfortunately did not write it, I had to take over the support for it from a different programmer. And let's just say his method of documentation was sub-standard.

The program has been working perfectly fine for the last 7 years or so, it was written on the Access 2002 (XP) platform. The company that has been using it has recently upgraded to Office 2007 however, and with this upgrade came Access 2007. We've been able to open their program by selecting Microsoft Access 2000-2002 Databases. And from what I can tell 95% of the program is working as intended. But I'm having a bit of difficulty on that last 5%. And it has to do with a report.

Every time you run it (or even change pages of the report) you are prompted to "Enter parameter value for res_info.RLast". Now upon searching all over the web for tips on this issue most users said it had to do with a typo. Which I am 99.99% certain it can't be a typo since running the same exact Access Database on Office XP does not give me this prompt. And with no coding changes in the last few years I don't see how there could all of the sudden be a typo in the code. It's clearly a difference between Access 2007 and Access XP.

It also comes up serveral times (at least 10 times total when you run the report (which is generally 3 pages). And simply by pressing OK and not putting any parameter values in the report runs perfectly fine. It's just very annoying as they run these reports quite frequently. I've tried even putting random letters in as the parameter values and no where on the report do they ever show up. I've looked at every object on the report and can't even find a reference to res_info.RLast. And the report has one sub-report, which I have also checked. I'm stumped!

Has anyone experienced this issue before? And what steps did you take to resolve it?

Was This Post Helpful? 0

#3 Guest_Coosbane*

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Look for (new in 2007) properties in forms and reports called: "Filter On Load" and "Order By On Load" They default to "On". Change to "Off".
Was This Post Helpful? 0

#4 Guest_Brendan*

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:11 PM

The response about filter and order on load didn't change this behavior for me. Did you ever figure this out? I'm going batty.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1