Flash Quiz

Passing leads to new page

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 3248 Views - Last Post: 29 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Flash Quiz

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

I have a quiz I created in flash, which will be used to test a customers knowledge of the meaning behind a line of clothing. The quiz pop's up when the "Add to Cart" button is clicked. If a customer answers atleast 4 out of 5 questions right, they are then allowed to place that item in the cart. How can I achieve this? I am not an expert in flash by any means, the quiz was created with Macromedia's supplied template in Flash 8.

The guy I am making it for already has a cart system set up where clicking add to cart will go to the payment website, but he wants certain items to only be purchased if the quiz is passed. So how can I have, upon passing, a legit "Add to cart" display, or even just auto redirect to the payment url. Any help would be appreciated. Even a point in the right direction.

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flash Quiz

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Flash Quiz

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

I found a conversation thread from a google search about a very similar problem a few years ago. The guy wanted to have a the quiz redirect to the next quiz if the first one was passed. So essentially the same idea, except mine on passing would go to a shopping cart website. Here is the link.

http://forum.flashva....php?t-180.html

Like I said, I don't know much about flash and definitely nothing about action script. It seems as though some of the references they are suggesting are for Adobe Premier, but Im not sure. Can someone help me make sense of what it all means. As far as script goes, the logic makes sense from a programming perspective, but I don't know how to implement this.

I have the quiz created and have an example of how it would look here: Test page
Clicking on the Add To Cart button pops up the quiz in a new window.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

To be frank, if you don't understand much about flash and actionscript, I don't understand why you wouldn't just use PHP and HTML and Javascript which, from your example quiz, it seems you have a firmer grounding in (HTML and Javascript, at least). From my perspective, it seems somewhat counter-intuitive to resort to flash and actionscript for a quiz component if the site is not exclusively constructed with said technologies (I'm assuming this from the example site that you provided), particularly if they are not your strong suit.

If I personally were approaching the problem, I believe I would implement a Javascript modal dialog to display the quiz that could call a PHP script (either via AJAX or simply an iframe) to display the next question and store and validate responses.

This post has been edited by KuroTsuto: 17 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

I am actually hearing the same thing on other forums. Perhaps I will have to try this from a different approach. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Guest_JoeMemory*

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

Actually, you don't need to be an expert in Flash to make a Flash Quiz. Some software can help you do this thing, such as [url=www.quiz-creator.com]Wondershare Quiz Creator[url] or [url=http://www.brothersoft.com/articulate-quizmaker-79273.html]Articulate Quiz Maker[url]
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1