6 Replies - 1294 Views - Last Post: 21 July 2009 - 06:14 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

difference between c# and c++

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:18 AM

please neatly give me the differance between the c# and c++
i am a new here i wanted to know.. please...
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: difference between c# and c++

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: difference between c# and c++

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:31 AM

that's a pretty loaded question.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:53 AM

You might want to take a look at this article. Probably the biggest difference between C# and C++ (if you are not referring to C++ .NET) is that C# compiles to MSIL (Microsoft Intermediate Language), and then to native code depending on the platform of the runtime, while C++ compiles directly to the native code for the platform.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

well in my personal oppinion the biggest difference in C# and C++ is actually the only thing i can think of they have in common, they have the same basic syntax(not meaning like methods but like using public, class and brackets and all that)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:49 AM

My answer to C# vs c/c++ is they only share the letter "c" in the language name. While deep down they have some commonalities most people ask that question thinking they are similar to begin with but they aren't.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

View Postsandy308, on 18 Jul, 2009 - 05:18 AM, said:

please neatly give me the differance between the c# and c++
i am a new here i wanted to know.. please...

They both are OOP i.e.. ObjectOrientedPrograming language and C# is abstracted from C/C++ so their santax are quit similar but the main difference is that when we write code in C++ it get compiled into native language i.e.. a language that our computer understand or more clearly our CPU understand so when i am coding a program in C++ it get compiled into a lang that my CPU (Intel P4) understand.So one disadvantage is that my program will not run on Mac(Apples Computers) as it understand something else.

On the other hand when we write a program on C# it get compiled into a Intermediate Language.And when we executes our program it is given to a special CPU by our OS called .Net "run time host" ,and then .Net reads the Intermediate Language and at that very moment it compiles it to the native language this process is called "just in time compilation" and pass it to our CPU in this case .Net have the control of execution so if the programer have done any mistake and have bugs on the application it get stopped by .net before the instruction reaches to our main CPU so it is very safe.Now on any Platform like Windows,Mac,Linux if .Net is running your application will run so it is Platform independent.But the disadvantage is, a Native program is more faster than any Intermediate Language programs.Ok not only C# creates Intermediate Language programs but Java also does the same on that case the runtime host is Java VirtualMachine

I have not provided all the info as you said you are new to this , hope it will give you a good start
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

.Net does not run on Mac. It is mainly Windows only but strives have been made by the mono project to get .Net to Linux. Other than that .Net is Windows only.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1