3 Replies - 2406 Views - Last Post: 21 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Mobile Programming Language?

Post icon  Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

A friend and i are working on an electronic device that you wear on your wrist/forarm and it will require a lot of programming. I will need a good GUI and it should be a fairly fast program. I will need a lot of diferent things, from a calculator to a drawing pad. I have started learning C#, i know a lot about programming but i don't know any languages and i am wondering what language i should learn for mobile device programming. Thank you all for your help.

-FireWorld

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Mobile Programming Language?

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Mobile Programming Language?

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

I don't really know what kind of device you are working on, but you will most likely have to start with Assembly as you will have to build much of the low-level system on your own. Then, you will have to see if you can embed something like .NET Micro Framework runtime (according to the device hardware possibilities).

That's not an easy task and if there wasn't a specific SDK bundled with the device components, then it will be a very time-conduming task, requiring experience both in hardware and low-level programming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

Okay, well that sounds like fun. :)

We want it to be almost like a very small laptop. So what about PC programming languages?

Thanks again!

-FireWorld
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

Implementing such kind of hardware requires a team of experts both in hardware and software. Not only should they be familiar with the architecture of the machine they are building, but also they should understand how this machine works. Obviously, the PC software is designed for specific processor architectures - x86, IA64, AMD64. What is yours? The software that will run on the device depends on the platform.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1