Please review our site

Please review our site sothink

Page 1 of 1

11 Replies - 2838 Views - Last Post: 07 November 2005 - 07:58 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Please review our site

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:38 AM

Hello, when you have time pleases review our company’s website as below, any comments or advices would be great help to us.

http://www.sothink.com

I’d like to state my thoughts about the design first and wish to get your suggestions.

We are a web/Flash authoring software provider so I suppose:
(1) There should be eye-catching Flash/dynamic menu on main page to expose to visitors ability of our software.
(2) We use templates to make the website look professional.

But we still know our site has some distance away from those famous ones (e.g. Macromedia) and we should be able to have more content in main page and each other pages and so on….

Please let me know what you think of our site so my colleagues and I could improve with full of inspiration.

Thank you in advance!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Please review our site

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Please review our site

Post icon  Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:10 AM

Well, It is a nice looking site. The colours and clean look of it is appealing to me. But to be quite honest the anniversary banner is quite maddening. It distracts from the rest of the site quite a bit. I mean I stared at the thing for a few minutes before I could drag my eyes away to do a quick look around. :blink:

WPTS Article.

As Vincent from WPTS says (in the article above), there is no need for foreplay once you've got them to the site. Give them what they want. I can understand wanting to draw peoples attention to the 8th anniversary, but for me the bright colour and a simple bit of action would have done that. I would have appreciated more something simpler; maybe have the stars move around the birthday cake once and the gifts slide forward once and that's it.

I'm not certain why you have the text "Flash Movie Maker, SWF Decompiler, DHTML Menu, Flash Animation, SWF to FLA, SWF Editor, Free HTML Editor, video to flash" above everything? I realize that they are your websites key words, but why do they have to be listed for the viewing public?

Vincent Flanders Presents: The Biggest Web Design Mistakes of 2004

Your site map page I would remove the table border around the cells and I would allow the cells to fit to their contents so things aren't so spread out :)

I don't know if it is supposed to but your user gallery jumps to a new window.

There are several styles that you repeat on multiple elements in your code (ie font color="#FF9933"). It would make for cleaner code if you used the styles that were created in the header of the document. Moreover, the styles created at the header have dreamweaver-esque non-descript names like .style11, I would recommend changing them to something more useful. (although that would also mean going through your code and renaming the ones actually in use).

A few small errors in the code:

- missing your DTD at the top of the page
- missing ALT tags on all images
- attribute "ALIGN" cannot be "ABSMIDDLE" it must be one of "TOP", "MIDDLE", "BOTTOM", "LEFT", "RIGHT" (on bookmark.gif)
- a table cell's background color is missing the # before it's ECEFF3
- your external CSS has invalid entries for font names, they shouldn't be in quotes.
font-family: "Verdana" , "Arial" , "Helvetica" , "sans-serif";

should be
font-family: Verdana, Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;

If you go to W3C Markup Validation Service it will give you a more verbose list of markup errors.

If you want any help with correcting some of the markup please feel free to contact me :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:48 PM

hi Jhin ,Thank you for your reviewing our site, from it we discover many shortage of our website. i have already delivered E-mail for you. Last thank you again for your advise.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:00 AM

Hi Jhin,

Sothink.com was updated on 23rd of Septebmer.
Take a look at the new site, and give us some feedback.

Please review our site, everybody.

This post has been edited by flash2005: 11 October 2005 - 01:07 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pep Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

Visually it is very appealing, clean and professional. I'm not a fan of the highlights behind the text links on your main page, however. I would also get a clean skin for your forum because I hate the PHPbb default skin. I don't like your search engine popping up in a new window (same with your forum for that matter). Aside from all that I have no complaints and enjoy the nice smooth feel of your site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:12 AM

Thanks eLliDKraM.

To open forum and search page in a new window, I think, it just wants vistors to navigate to other pages without clicking "back" first.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pep Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:01 PM

Yeah but in past experience that works AGAINST you; people who lack computer skills also will find that annoying because flipping back and forth between actual windows is much more frustrating then just navigating within a website. I get aggravated, myself, at having more than one window for only one task.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

eLliDKraM, on Oct 14 2005, 02:58 PM, said:

Yeah but in past experience that works AGAINST you; people who lack computer skills also will find that annoying because flipping back and forth between actual windows is much more frustrating then just navigating within a website. I get aggravated, myself, at having more than one window for only one task.

He is completely correct. This just gets confusing, plus all the pop up blockers, etc. I'd advise against using multiple window anything.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:34 AM

Hi,

I've reported that issue to our webmaster. Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:52 PM

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all your comments and reviews.

Happy Halloween! :devil:

It is a halloween card from Sothink. Hope you all will enjoy it.

http://www.sothink.c...lloweencard.htm
Remember not turn on your sound box. :music:

greetings,

Flash2005
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

Hi everybody,

How is your halloween?

Recently, we released some templates to sell. Would you please give me some advice or suggestions on the template page?
http://www.sothink.c...plate/index.htm

How do you think of the style of the templates and prices? All are welcome! Thank you!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Got Bug?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:58 AM

LOL! I didn't see the halloween card...that was cool thanks man :)
Nice temps, I can't be of any help on pricing as I don't buy stuff...just make it so hopefully someone can give you a little more input on that ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1