Few Wordpress Questions

Breaking posts for front page and main page + ReTweet Plugin/Social Me

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1389 Views - Last Post: 03 August 2009 - 12:34 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Few Wordpress Questions

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

Hi, I'm in the process of starting a Wordpress site and was wondering how I can break a post and only show a few sentences as a summary for the front page while being able to view the complete post after clicking on the title.

Also where can I find ReTweet plugins along with a widget that can direct the viewers to our Twitter/Facebook/Social Media pages?

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Few Wordpress Questions

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Few Wordpress Questions

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

Wordpress has 'Exceprts' built in that post a portion of your post, and then a 'Read More' link to view the full post. You should be able to enable it in the settings, and its pretty easy to customize. Read more about it on the Wordpress Codex here.

On the topic of social media links, you have a few options. You can hand code a widget that you place in the sidebar with the links, or use a plugin like 'Social Media Page', as well as mangers like 'Social Media Manager'. Also, check out Mashable's article on Social Media plugins.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Few Wordpress Questions

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:34 AM

View Postjakczuhang, on 23 Jul, 2009 - 06:06 PM, said:

Hi, I'm in the process of starting a Wordpress site and was wondering how I can break a post and only show a few sentences as a summary for the front page while being able to view the complete post after clicking on the title.

Also where can I find ReTweet plugins along with a widget that can direct the viewers to our Twitter/Facebook/Social Media pages?

Thanks

You can break the post by pasting the <!--more--> tag into your html view. Using excerpt might not work 100%, it really depends on your theme.

You could search/download a Wordpress theme called Sociable for the social bookmarking.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1