4 Replies - 1633 Views - Last Post: 07 August 2005 - 10:28 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem with Dev-C++

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:54 AM

Good morning :)

I'm trying to use a Graphics package that was originally developed for Visual C++, Borland, and COdeWarrior (unfortunately, my Dev-C++ compiler does not fit that description). I get an error that says

ISO C++ forbids declaration of `IteratorRef' with no type

in the following line (line 216):
IteratorRef<Shape> * makeIterator();

Can someone explain to me what this error means? I could post the entire header file if that helps, but I have also attached it so that it doesnt clutter up the board. Thanks :)

Attached File(s)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem with Dev-C++

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem with Dev-C++

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:31 AM

It does not appear to be recognizing the type Shape...where is the definition of Shape declared and defined (sorry, I don't often work with graphics packages)?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:49 AM

The header file for the Shape class (called shapes.h) is located in the same folder with canavs.h (the original file that I attached). However, I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be a shapes.cpp. Could that be the problem?

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  shapes.h (7.68K)
    Number of downloads: 8

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:33 AM

Mm, as long as the shape class is defined (even if it doesn't do anything) there should not be a problem using it as a template type.

edit:

I took a look at shapes.h, and yeah, everything is laid out there like a proper header file but there is no implementation (I'm assuming it goes into a shapes.cpp). Still, you shouldn't be getting that error when using it as a template type (I think?).

This post has been edited by Videege: 07 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:28 AM

Videege, on Aug 7 2005, 09:33 AM, said:

Mm, as long as the shape class is defined (even if it doesn't do anything) there should not be a problem using it as a template type.

edit:

I took a look at shapes.h, and yeah, everything is laid out there like a proper header file but there is no implementation (I'm assuming it goes into a shapes.cpp). Still, you shouldn't be getting that error when using it as a template type (I think?).

It actually looks like shapes.cpp was not included when I downloaded the graphics package. I redownloaded the package and searched the developer's website, with no results. I am going to contact one of the developers to see if shapes.cpp is available. Thanks for replying :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1