make an interactive Calendar on Web Page

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1800 Views - Last Post: 06 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Make a full Calendar on a web page

Post icon  Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:42 AM

Hi,

I am currently using a free Web calendar to post class dates for our department's training classes on our Web site. It is embedded on a Web page on our site. I am unhappy with the advertisements they put on the calendar.

I would like to build my own calendar with a link to a registration form on each class date. I could just list the dates on a page, but I think the calendar looks nicer.

I was trying to find some kind of template in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), but I cannot find anything that is interactive.

I'm not sure which route to take. Is there a program out there that offers this or should I just manually code an HTML page with tables and make it look like a calendar, but I thought it would be nicer to have something dynamic. I may be hoping for too much. Writing code for something like this may be well beyond my capabilities. I am familiar with writing HTML and some Javascript, that's about it.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on how I can get started with this and what tools I can use to accomplish this.

Thank you.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Make a full Calendar on a web page

• Tired.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Make a full Calendar on a web page

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

I was trying to find some kind of template in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), but I cannot find anything that is interactive.

First off - I wouldn't mention Microsoft on this forum, let alone Excel, Powerpoint, and publisher.

Anyways, have you tried using Google Calendar. It easily embeds into any site. Then you could have a list of links off to the side for class registration.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

Thank you, I will take a look at it.

Sorry I mentioned the "M" word. I didn't know that I was doing anything wrong.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

There isn 't anything wrong with it, just there are a lot of people who don't like Microsoft on these forums. You may use it if you want.

If you have access to flash (8 or above I believe) you could just place the calendar component on the stage, save it off, publish it and put that on your site. It doesn't have any linking or color differences by default, but I don't believe it is that hard to add in, plus it is completely interactive without needing to do anything (you just add it to the stage, publish and it acts like a calendar should - for the msot part). Now, a lot of people discourage the use of Flash on websites, but that isn't to say it is bad.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Tired.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:19 PM

I wasn't being serious, ok maybe I was a little, it's just that for years Microsoft hasn't cared one iota about web "developers" (;) at beta), so some are kind of sore.

Anyways, let us know if we can help any more.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1