I'm going to say free file sharing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: New Website Idea

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:58 PM

Do you have to choose between those two?

What about some sort of travel planner?
Don't think I've seen this before, and it's probably hard to do, I don't know, I just thought of it now.
The user can choose a hotel, which airliner or other type of transport to travel with. They can select the route they wish to travel.

Either to find the shortest/fastest way to their destination, or to extend it, to get to see more cities or countries or whatever.
And maybe let people register themselves to you site to plan routes, and put in payment information and so on.

Then, they can maybe save their "travel planner list" to their account, or click on some sort of "Purchase" button. And then their payment information like name, payment method and so on, will be sent to the selected hotel/airline/train company or whatever.

You could probably setup the selected hotels, transport methods and so on in a shopping cart kind of way.

And they will recieve tickets or something via mail.

Something like that :blink:

If someone gets rich on this idea please give me a dollar :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

@firebolt:
Tutorial hosting = SourceForge + Tutorials
@noorhamad:
Web design is an open field. File sharing is a bit more wideley used. If you can come up with a unique file sharing system, you're golden. :)
EX:
- Unlimited files/bandwith
- Url uploading
- Quick uploader
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• R.I.P. ( Really Intelligent Person, right? )
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

If you read the "READ THIS FIRST:"-thing over the area where you enter your replies/topics you see that number two (2) says "Use proper English. Correct grammar and spelling is required", it is also highlighted in a fancy red color! :)

File-sharing could potentially put you in a legal situation you do not want to be in, since people don't always follow rules. Every idea that includes people adding content to the web could put you in such a situation unless you heavily audit everything that is added before it is being published. I would do something that would allow user interactivity but didn't let them put offending or illegal material on your server. :)

View Postnoorahmad, on 12 Aug, 2009 - 06:41 AM, said:

leave spell mistakes, English is not my native language!

now what should i start
Graphics Designing/Web Designing
Free file sharing

This post has been edited by Wimpy: 22 August 2009 - 03:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

@Wimpy, that would be really hard to avoid, though. Both ideas incorporate people placing content on a server. Do you have a suggestion?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• R.I.P. ( Really Intelligent Person, right? )
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:28 AM

One could always come up with a new idea, or NOT let the anonymous public get to use the services! :) The only problem is, in fact, that you cannot (practically) audit everything that people wants to add to your service/server unless you only have a very small number of users and all time in the world to audit them! :)

But of course you should let people add content to your site, the most sensitive of the ideas at the moment is the file-sharing idea. This because you quite fast and easy could remove an offending tutorial and offended people usually know/understand that it is not your fault, but uploading illegal material is probably gonna get you sued no matter how few people got access to the files and also no matter how short period of time it took you to remove them (at least here in Sweden, everything is getting really screwed up here at the moment, some guy were sued/prosecuted because he had a link on his site pointing to an illegal media stream for some Soccer Game or something, really awkward).

View Postfirebolt, on 22 Aug, 2009 - 01:04 PM, said:

@Wimpy, that would be really hard to avoid, though. Both ideas incorporate people placing content on a server. Do you have a suggestion?

This post has been edited by Wimpy: 22 August 2009 - 05:30 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

Like Wimpy says the only way you can get around the legal implications of a site like this is to have an active legal/management team who will deal with requests and immediately delete any offending content.

Whenever a lawyer sends in a content-removal notice, they give you a certain window of time to comply within. If you do that, there's not really an issue.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Untitled
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:35 AM

thanks to you all guys :^:
i really aprociate your informated comments.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +