Php upload script...help!

Retard + Php script = !@#!^&

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 3606 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2005 - 07:40 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Php upload script...help!

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

:crazy: ..haha ok, I need help with using a php script to let users upload files to my site, (files are around 60mb's or so)... im a complete newb using php. I got a script to work but i could only upload small files...even when editing maxfilesize. Can anyone explain how to use a php script to accomplish what i need to do? For instance instructions as if you where talking to a complete retard :P ...Thanks a million!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Php upload script...help!

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Php upload script...help!

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:59 PM

Do you want a new script, or a modification of the one you have? If the latter, could you post the file you are using? There is also the possibility that the file upload size may have been capped by your server...when you try to upload a large file, are you getting an error?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:31 PM

yeah im getting an error when uploading bigger files...Says something like: " WARNING () unlink....file not found in www\directory\upload.php error line 21" something like that...if possible id just like a new script (or anything that would help me let users upload files)... since i already got rid of the old script.. .thanks :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:58 PM

latenightspeed, on Aug 22 2005, 03:31 PM, said:

yeah im getting an error when uploading bigger files...Says something like: " WARNING () unlink....file not found in www\directory\upload.php error line 21" something like that...if possible id just like a new script (or anything that would help me let users upload files)... since i already got rid of the old script.. .thanks :)

Assuming that your php/html code is correct, there's a file on your server that specifies what the max file size is that you can upload to the server. By default this is set to 2MBs. Check the following.

1. SSH into your server.

2. Find your php.ini (usually in etc/php.ini)

3. Change the "upload_max_filesize" to 60M

Just as a test, try uploading a small file. If it doesn't work, it's most likely your PHP code. Post your HTML/PHP code and we can help you with that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:05 PM

You might also be running into a script timeout.

Using...

set_time_limit(0);

...will knock that out as a possibility.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:59 PM

Im gettting the scipts to work now..but it displays "page could not load" when uploading a file over 2mb's. So i did change the php.ini file but that did not work. Im using premade scripts...since i do not have any skillz in php coding... :crazy: If anybody has any more suggestions id appreciate it. :D Anybody know of a simple script out there that is noob compatible? :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:40 PM

ok...this is another noob question :rolleyes: ...i cant seem to find my php.ini file on my server :sleepy: ... the location is usr/local/zend/etc. How do i access this :huh: ? I dont see this path on my server! Thanks! B)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1