Google Talk

Suprised no one has mentioned it yet...

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1019 Views - Last Post: 24 August 2005 - 05:00 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Google Talk

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:59 PM

Google Talk is here, basically it's google's IM / jabber type deal (all official).

Features include:
Their own (~900k) client.
Ability to chat to other gmail users (your gmail login and password are used for this).
Ability to talk to others (if you have a microphone or equivilant accesory, I have not tested this yet).

I've logged in but it's a bit lonely as of yet. Feel free to add me on: GinAndTonic@gmail.com

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Google Talk

• still.dreaming
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Google Talk

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:49 PM

I have gadu-gadu, Messenger and Skype... and i don't use them much. I am not installing this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2005 - 12:04 AM

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE TO YOU BOTH OUR FRONT PAGE http://home.dreamincode.net/ AND OUR OTHER FORUMS http://forums.dreamincode.net/ . I REALIZE THIS MAY COME AS A SHOCK TO MANY OF, ASKING FOR THOSE FEATURES FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND FOR THEM TO FINALLY COME TO FRUITION, BUT WE HERE AT DIC, WE ARE LISTENERS. WE HAVE HEARD THE WORD OF THE PEOPLE, AND THAT WORD WAS, 'WOULDNT THIS INTERNET WEBSITE BE AWESOME WITH OTHER FORUMS FOR VARIOUS TOPICS OF DISCUSSION ABOUT PROGRAMMING AND COMPUTERS IN GENERAL' AND 'WOULDNT IT BE GREAT, IF THERE WAS SOME SORT OF PAGE, PERHAPS THE FIRST PAGE OF THE WEBSITE, WHICH COULD AGGREGATE THE TOPICS OF INTEREST OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS, SO THAT I COULD EASILY REACH THEM?' AND WE HAVE COME THROUGH! REJOICE, FOR A NEW AGE OF 'INTERNETS' IS UPON US.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:34 AM

ROTFLMAO, sloth... :)

Long story short folks, of course there already is a thread about it...it is called Google Chat, and is appropriately located in the Software forum. You may access it here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:00 PM

I'm glad you understand me Amadeus, cause everytime this happens I think to myself "maybe i should be a nice admin and politely point people in the right direction" and then i always decide thats no fun, so i use the old panache muscle and push a whole bunch of sarcasm on people and drop them like a phat beat. i think so far its worked.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1