9 Replies - 965 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Please review my first website

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hello Guys,
I try to preapare a web-site by using wordpress for tourists who visit or would like to visit Istanbul city (in Turkiye).
I want to provide informations in the eyes of residents and maybe you would consider to visit Istanbul too, so what would you like to know before coming or when here. Your advices are valuable to me. thanks
And web-site is looking nice?
Thanks a lot for your time.

My Istanbul Guide, Live and Feel it

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Please review my first website

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Please review my first website

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

I like it. You might need a logo or picture background at the top. And what's this:
" This is a sample welcome text which can be changed while modifying the blog to suit your requirements. The identifier used for this block of text is called welcome and can be found in the style.css file. You can change the color and style for this text from there easily and change the text from the index.php file."?

If you keep up your content, your site could do very well! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

Simple, personally, I don't like it. However, great to see you have quite a bit of content. At least its not like 20 words. A logo would do wonders for your site. You may need to look into advertising your site to different social networking sites, or just have backlinks within your posts.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:37 PM

View Postkewlkreator, on 12 Aug, 2009 - 02:49 PM, said:

I like it. You might need a logo or picture background at the top. And what's this:
" This is a sample welcome text which can be changed while modifying the blog to suit your requirements. The identifier used for this block of text is called welcome and can be found in the style.css file. You can change the color and style for this text from there easily and change the text from the index.php file."?

If you keep up your content, your site could do very well! :)

Thank you very much for your helpful comment.
Yes, that text was default of that theme, and I didnt know how to change it and after your post I tried to change it resolutely and luckyly I did it. This is my first site and I am new to wordpress too.
I want to add posts with some photos. I will add content as soon as I find a camera:) probably this week, I will do it.

I probably add logo after my photoshop course and picture background yes I must do it.
Thanks a lot again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:51 PM

View Postfirebolt, on 12 Aug, 2009 - 10:03 PM, said:

Simple, personally, I don't like it. However, great to see you have quite a bit of content. At least its not like 20 words. A logo would do wonders for your site. You may need to look into advertising your site to different social networking sites, or just have backlinks within your posts.

Thank you for your comment.
I have just learnt that wordpress themes can be changed real much, I will make mine is better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:57 AM

Glad to hear it! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

looks way too much like a wordpress blog. i know that's what it is right now, but i would try to get rid of or heavily modify some staple visual references to standard blog design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:14 AM

Well, I changed the theme and curent theme needs to be added some color I think. It seems to hard to stabilize the site because, choosing a theme and make it visible as I want it to be, will be take much time. I am real amateur but really like to run this side:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:33 PM

The new theme is interesting, though I missed the first few attempts. Your content seems great. There is lots of it and it is well written. (Bonus points) There is a lot jammed into the pages though. You have made the theme so that it will fit in smaller screen resolutions with out having to scroll the screen to the left or right. (Bouns points.)

Two things I would suggest changing:
1) The color scheme is a little bland, like you said in yout last post.
2) There isn't a lot of white space which makes it a little difficult to read, IMO.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

View PostSixOfEleven, on 15 Aug, 2009 - 02:33 PM, said:

The new theme is interesting, though I missed the first few attempts. Your content seems great. There is lots of it and it is well written. (Bonus points) There is a lot jammed into the pages though. You have made the theme so that it will fit in smaller screen resolutions with out having to scroll the screen to the left or right. (Bouns points.)

Two things I would suggest changing:
1) The color scheme is a little bland, like you said in yout last post.
2) There isn't a lot of white space which makes it a little difficult to read, IMO.

Thank you friend,
I again changed theme and I hope you find it good. I think this theme will stay a long time.( I like it). I need to change the logo and title of it(that newspost issue). Your reviews are important to me.
I added weather widget too.
Also, if you would like to learn anything about Istanbul, please let me know, I will try to write something about it,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1