12 Replies - 2674 Views - Last Post: 22 September 2005 - 01:57 PM

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Photoshop Help Needed Asap

Post icon  Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:37 PM

Okay, I made this logo I like (so it's not a complete loss, meaning I was going to use it) BUT I swear to god I clicked the save as button, but I must have missed it because I saved over the psd as the flattened image so I cannot make any minor changes to the multiple layers. Since I haven't done anything since, does photoshop (hopefully) have a saved history, can I go back and unflatten these layers in anyway? And yes I closed down photoshop after I saved so the editing history is gone, is there anyway I can revive (without doing something as dramatic as a system recovery) that file before I saved or bring back the layers?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Photoshop Help Needed Asap

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Photoshop Help Needed Asap

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:43 PM

Nope, have fun remaking it. Never ever ever ever ever flatten an image... save it out as a .jpg, save it as a .gif, copy merged, but never flatten.

We've all been there, mine was after 12 hours of work on a design about 5 years ago.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:51 PM

skyhawk133, on Aug 26 2005, 02:43 PM, said:

Nope, have fun remaking it. Never ever ever ever ever flatten an image... save it out as a .jpg, save it as a .gif, copy merged, but never flatten.

We've all been there, mine was after 12 hours of work on a design about 5 years ago.

Ya, never flatten. And, you should not have been hitting "save as" anyways. If it's a banner, or logo for the web(which I'm assuming) you should always use save optomized as.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:52 PM

symphonicreverb, on Aug 26 2005, 03:51 PM, said:

skyhawk133, on Aug 26 2005, 02:43 PM, said:

Ya, never flatten. And, you should not have been hitting "save as" anyways. If it's a banner, or logo for the web(which I'm assuming) you should always use save optomized as.

"Save For Web"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:58 PM

I was just making it for fun but the FUN IS OVER !! Meh, it looks fine enough (to me at least) to use on my website, I just won't be eiditing it much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:03 PM

The other fun one is when you've spent close to 3 hours meticulously cutting something out with the lasso and accidentally double click RIGHT before you finish causing it to close the selection.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:15 PM

skyhawk133, on Aug 26 2005, 03:03 PM, said:

The other fun one is when you've spent close to 3 hours meticulously cutting something out with the lasso and accidentally double click RIGHT before you finish causing it to close the selection.

Wtf, you jynxed me man. I just did that. Maybe not 3 hours but this is crap on a stick I tell you. I'll just go with my flattened one rofl :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:25 PM

Well since I just want to keep it, I got a few critiques from some random people I know, but I figured it would be appropriate to ask for some feedback here. Corrections are welcome although, unfortuneately my lazy level has reached a 10 and I won't be making too many of them unless they're easy to do B).

Header2.JPG

P.S. I know the hexagons are fairly uneven which is JUST KILLING ME!!! Might develop a twitch from it, ha. So please don't yell at me about it, it will just make me more obsessive compulsive.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:19 AM

I just noticed the rest of the posts here. But I got some good advice. Fuck the marque tool, use the pen tool. It's a bitch to master, but DO IT. Then convert to marque.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:08 PM

symphonicreverb, on Sep 16 2005, 10:16 AM, said:

I just noticed the rest of the posts here. But I got some good advice. Fuck the marque tool, use the pen tool. It's a bitch to master, but DO IT. Then convert to marque.

For what? Hexagons?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 September 2005 - 12:52 PM

I'm a few days late to responding to this, but I'm sure he's talking about using the pen tool to create a selection instead of the lasso tool for cutting something out of your banner image.
I don't think it really applies to the hexagon issue.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:39 PM

Yeah... I'm a lasso junkie but I'm getting into the pen tool for doing images like Sin City highlights. I make real images look like they're drawn by doing tons and tons of pen highlights then deleting the actual images. It's the kickass.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:57 PM

eLliDKraM, on Sep 22 2005, 02:36 PM, said:

Yeah... I'm a lasso junkie but I'm getting into the pen tool for doing images like Sin City highlights. I make real images look like they're drawn by doing tons and tons of pen highlights then deleting the actual images. It's the kickass.

right... anyways, ya, practice that pen tool, eventually, you'll laugh at the lasso.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1