What is the best way of creating this application?

Tried hashmaps and relational databases.

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 390 Views - Last Post: 14 August 2009 - 05:38 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What is the best way of creating this application?

Post icon  Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:01 AM

Hello DreaminCode.

I am undergoing a summer project but unfortunatly it has taken longer than expected and at its current stage is still not functional! Basically, it is a type of calculator. I have a very large source of information containing details like Name, Colour, Address, Tel No, Siblings etc.

The idea is, a comboBox has all the "Names" inside it. When a user selects the name of their choice, it collects all the details corresponding to that name such as the Colour and address etc. These details, need to be displayed as checkbox. The user can then selects several of these checkboxes. The ones that are selected should (along with the name) be printed inside a List.

So my question is, what is the best method to store this kind of information, retrieve it and place it as dynamic checkBoxes.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What is the best way of creating this application?

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: What is the best way of creating this application?

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:38 AM

A relational database comes to mind.

This actually sounds simple. Create a names table with all the information in it.

Name
Address
Tel No (possibly as three fields - area, prefix, line number)
Siblings
Whatever else you want

Then when the user selects a name, you fire an event that selects the information from the database and displays it in static check boxes. Then when the user selects a check box, you can add the item to a list fairly easy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1