3 Replies - 5009 Views - Last Post: 01 September 2005 - 07:19 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Coldfusion Form

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:59 AM

I have tried and tried and still failed to create a Coldfusion form that meets my need. I have to have the form on one web page, and the submitted message on a different web page. I need a form with three text fields and one text area, the first two text fields should all be regular, but the third needs to be for the date that, after the form is submitted, the message is removed from the webpage. And then the text area, and of course the submit button. Then, on the web page where the messages would go, I would need the messages lined up from top to bottom, by order of the earliest date to the latest. The message layout would be something like:

1ST_TEXTFIELD - 2ND_TEXTFIELD - 3RD_TEXTFIELD_DATE
TEXT_AREA

And every message sperated by a double paragraph break. I have tried many times to build this form, I've studied forms like it, and I still haven't found a way to complete it. I've been told that I'll have to get a programmer to write up a form for me. So I found this website in hope of some help.

This post has been edited by doxology15: 30 August 2005 - 10:27 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Coldfusion Form

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Coldfusion Form

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:09 AM

nothing seems that hard except organizing by date, and thats only because you never stated how you're getting more than one date at a time. are you pulling from a database or is your form accepting more than one input at a time?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:15 AM

supersloth, on Aug 30 2005, 09:09 AM, said:

nothing seems that hard except organizing by date, and thats only because you never stated how you're getting more than one date at a time. are you pulling from a database or is your form accepting more than one input at a time?

That was one of my two main problems, I'm not sure what database I could possibly use, or how I could otherwise do it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:19 PM

No offense but it would be hard to guide you through setting up a database, some forms, and some code to display the data sorted the way you want it in one post (besides the fact that we'd be writing an entire application for you :) ).

If you want to do this yourself, it would probably be good to check out some tutorials and ask specific questions as you run into problems. For a very basic application, you could start out with an MS Access database. You would connect to that with ColdFusion to write and read data.

Tutorial that explains using a form and a database

Coldfusion Reference
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1