3 Replies - 2596 Views - Last Post: 22 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

• Php Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Flash Games

Post icon  Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

i was thinking about making a flash game were each user has a house each ( they cant see other ppls houses )
and they got to work for money to buy stuff for the house
a bit like yoville

i know php and html but have never touched flash

were would i start ? i understand that ill need a database etc but were would i learn to code in flash ? and make ppll move about etc
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flash Games

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Flash Games

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:19 PM

Start with something really simple.

For start, you should just do some random stuff with tweening, movie clips, graphics, etc... Nothing with action script, just to get used with the Flash environment.

After you get it, create a simple game like... Duck hunt? lol.

Go bigger and bigger (Space Invaders, Simple platformer...)...
until youŽll think youŽre ready.

Then just google something about flash + php combining.

Think big, start small.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Php Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

View PostAurel300, on 15 Aug, 2009 - 01:19 PM, said:

Start with something really simple.

For start, you should just do some random stuff with tweening, movie clips, graphics, etc... Nothing with action script, just to get used with the Flash environment.

After you get it, create a simple game like... Duck hunt? lol.

Go bigger and bigger (Space Invaders, Simple platformer...)...
until youŽll think youŽre ready.

Then just google something about flash + php combining.

Think big, start small.

i use to make stick men movies in flash were stink men use to pick up guns and shoot each other and run up walls and stuff....

i think i no how to make frames etc just dont know anything about action script

orr how to make things move when users click butons like i can make things move using frames

example

a pic is 34 x 56 axes ( i think its called ) then on the next frame i move it bit to the left then the next even further to the left then the pic will move to the left
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

I'm pretty much in the same boat with you nick1200 and I agree that the actionscript is hard to get used to at first. One of the best tutorials that I could find for beginner type stuff was a tutorial on how to make a calculator with flash on youtube. This opened my eyes to about 40-50% of the necessary syntax and steps that need to be taken to make buttons, use input fields and overall a small glimpse on the gradient tools etc. You seem to know other coding, or so you say, so this short intro, if you follow the steps along with the tutorial, the transition should be fairly simple.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k3h37YKZJI" this is the link to the tutorial but there are hundreds of others on youtube to watch and most of them have great walk-throughs.

Another hint: don't underestimate the usefulness of a flash book from your public library. They are truly amazing and have helped me make a couple some programs/films.

Oh and I can't stress enough the wisdom of Aurel300 words... you gotta start small like duck hunt and pheonix. These give basic knowledge of scrolling backgrounds and pointer recognition etc which seem small but whats you get it they are easily manipulated to do what you want.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1