3 Replies - 2822 Views - Last Post: 23 July 2012 - 01:36 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Gridview Not Changing to Readonly after Update

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hello All,

I am having Trouble with a Gridview control In my asp.net/C# application. It contains Some boundFields and one checkbox field. My gridview allows Editing. It succesfully enters edit mode and when i hit update the Datasource updates but the control will not return to readonly mode. I have gone far enough to figure out the problem is caused by the Checkbox field. When i Make it readonly and remove that value from my Stored Procedure the Gridview control works normal. The checkbox works and passes the correct true.false value to the datasource but will not bind after update. Please help..

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Gridview Not Changing to Readonly after Update

• D.I.C for life
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Gridview Not Changing to Readonly after Update

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

Maybe you can show us some code?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

View Poststefbek97, on 18 Aug, 2009 - 04:26 PM, said:

Hello All,

I am having Trouble with a Gridview control In my asp.net/C# application. It contains Some boundFields and one checkbox field. My gridview allows Editing. It succesfully enters edit mode and when i hit update the Datasource updates but the control will not return to readonly mode. I have gone far enough to figure out the problem is caused by the Checkbox field. When i Make it readonly and remove that value from my Stored Procedure the Gridview control works normal. The checkbox works and passes the correct true.false value to the datasource but will not bind after update. Please help..

you probably aren't setting the EditIndex on the gridview back to -1
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Poststefbek97, on 18 August 2009 - 05:26 PM, said:

Hello All,

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1