2 Replies - 3672 Views - Last Post: 19 August 2009 - 12:10 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

Hello!
I have this site (http://freecode.hostific.com/index.php) and it gives me this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /www/hostific.com/f/r/e/freecode/htdocs/functions.php on line 6
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

I have send them 2 emails so far asking them what's the problem but they did not answer back! My MySql connection variables are correct.
I have searched google for an answer on this but all the solutions referred to changing some configurations of php.ini or something else which wasn't the case for me as the site is on server. (on localhost of course it worked).

Did you encountered such a warning when you have uploaded your site on a web server?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to

• R.I.P. ( Really Intelligent Person, right? )
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

If you've got free hosting you should really consider to pay a little for it instead and save yourself from a lot of issues that comes side by side with free hosting! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

View PostWimpy, on 19 Aug, 2009 - 10:28 AM, said:

If you've got free hosting you should really consider to pay a little for it instead and save yourself from a lot of issues that comes side by side with free hosting! :)

So, you think this is a free hosting problem? I think you're right. But why do they tell it's free hosting and then you have this kind of stupid problems. The fact is that i wanted this site to be put on the net and not pay anithing because i just wanted to see it work and then never visit it again. This is not a serious project of mine. It is just a test web site to see if I can do it.
This is the second web server on which i've put my page bacause the first one didn't work either. What a stupidity.
I think i will quit trying to put this site on a server and make it work. I will remain happy that it works on my localhost.

My next site will be put on a paid domain.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1