Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 2613 Views - Last Post: 22 August 2009 - 08:02 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how can made school project in vb6?

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

salam sir;
how can made school project in vb6?
i am very weak programmer can u help me about how can made this project?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how can made school project in vb6?

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how can made school project in vb6?

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Dream.In.Code has a policy by which we prefer to see a good faith effort on your part before providing source code for homework assignments. Please post the code you have written in an effort to resolve the problem, and our members would be happy to provide some guidance. Be sure to include a description of any errors you are encountering as well.

Post your code like this: :code:

Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:17 PM

Can I ask, What school project? We need to know what it is, how else are we going to know?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

salam sir;
i am weak programmer.please tell me how can made school project in vb6?
please send me full detail about this project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

Dream.In.Code has a policy by which we prefer to see a good faith effort on your part before providing source code for homework assignments. Please post the code you have written in an effort to resolve the problem, and our members would be happy to provide some guidance. Be sure to include a description of any errors you are encountering as well.

Post your code like this: :code:

Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

Topics merged. Please, do not duplicate threads.

Also, you were already notified twice, that you need to show your code before you are going to receive assistance on this specific project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:02 PM

Start the Visual Basic 6.0 Environment and select standard exe project.

When the IDE (Integrated Design Environment) fully loads you should see a title bar, a menu bar, and one or two rows of toolbars. On the left should be a toolbox and on the right should be a project box and a properties box.

Between then you should see a form with a titlebar that has a caption of Form1.

Now, before you do anything else, lets set up the design environment to make things easier on you.
First, GoTo the IDE's menu>Tool>Options. When the dialog comes up you should see a tab control with six tabs and the active tab should be the one with the caption of Editor. Make sure that each of the following have a check in the box that preceeds them...

Auto Syntax Check
Require Variable Declaration
Auto List Members
Auto Quick Info
Auto Data Tips
Auto Indent
Drag-and-Drop Text Editing
Default to Full Module View
Procedure Separator

Now, in the Tab Width: box you should see the value of 4. You can leave it as is or you can change it (I prefer a setting of 2 but that is me. Most teacher perfer at least 3 or 4.).

On the Editor Format Tab make sure there is a check next to Margin Indicator Bar (Should be by defalut).

Next is the General Tab. In the Form Grid Settings frame make sure thta there is a check mark next to Show Grid. Then in the boxes next to Width: and Height: enter the value of 24, which is the smallest value for the grid to have. Then make sure there is a check next to Align controls to Grid.

Now, what this does is allow you to easily align your controls left/top properties on the forms and because you have put the smallest number possible in these boxes, you will have a finer control over the alignment of your controls on the form.

Then the Error Trapping Frame. For now, as you learn, you should have it on Break on All Errors but as you become more proficient with the language you may want to change it to Break on Unhandled Errors.

Compile Frame. No check next to Compile On Demand

Put checks if not there next to Show ToolTips and Collapse Proj. Hides Windows

Docking Tab. For now put checks in all of them.

Environment Tab. When Visual Basic Starts: Frame. Prompt For Project.
When a program starts: Your choice.
Show Templates For: Check em all.

Advanced tab. No check next to SDI Development Environment

Click Ok.

Now, double click on the form and a new window should open up and you should see...
Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Load()

End Sub

If you don't see Option Explicit then close IDE, restart VB, standard exe, double click on form. Also your cursor should be blinking between the lines of Private Sub and End Sub. This is where you will enter code if you need to for it to be executed as the form loads.

Now, above this code window are two combo boxes. The one on the left allows you to select any objects (controls) you have placed on the form and it allows you to select those references that have events. The combo box on the right allows you to select the objects (that is selected in the left combo box) events and if you pull it down now you will see a long list of events that the form has.

So now the question is...

What kind of program do you want to make?

Good Luck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1