5 Replies - 2604 Views - Last Post: 07 October 2005 - 04:29 PM Rate Topic: -----

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

.NET woes

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

I've recently ported a project of mine (nothing special, just opened it in .NET) from 6.0 to .NET. It seems everything runs fine except my std::vector objects and operations. Has something changed in the vector class since 6.0?

What the devil has MS done to me now? :D
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: .NET woes

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: .NET woes

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:03 PM

There are two versions of C++ with .NET...regular C++ (which compiles as expected into machine language) and managed C++ (which compiles into the common runtime environemtn, like vb.net and C#). Did you open it in the right one?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:11 PM

Fairly sure I chose a standard win 32 project and not managed c++, but let me check.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:23 AM

Sorry to dredge this up from a while back again, but I tried recompiling the project specifically under a win32 project.

Same errors, here's a sampling:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\xutility(98) : error C2825: '_Iter::iterator_category': cannot form a qualified name
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\vector(598) : see reference to class template instantiation 'std::iterator_traits<_Iter>' being compiled
with
[
_Iter=std::allocator<float>::value_type
]
c:\Documents and Settings\Josh\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\ProphetXP\stock.cpp(56) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void std::vector<_Ty>::assign<std::allocator<_Ty>::value_type>(_Iter,_Iter)' being compiled
with
[
_Ty=float,
_Iter=std::allocator<float>::value_type
]
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

Videege

I have plenty of experience tryibg to get the .NET environment to compile my previous 6.0 projects which were win32 council apps. The best way I found out is to take your existing project copy it to another folder then open that solution in VS.NET. You will be asked if you want to convert to a new format you kindly click yes. Then it will open the exact same way you had the project setup in 6.0. If you want the extra security features .NET provides you would then have to create a new project import all the header and exstraneous files. The next step (this is a pain to get perfect) is to open the main and select the code that is not in the main and insert above the main in the new project. Next you would have to copy all that is in your main and insert that into the new main of the .NET project. The reason is cause .NET is has extra security built into it to try and help protect against bad coding practices such as uding the plain strcopy. The plain version allows for buffer overflows and the new .NET project includes a couple of headers as well as having a prestarted main. It took me loads of reading and a MS Security conference to find this out. I hope this helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

that's exactly what I'm doing...I don't want any of the extra .NET stuff in this case - it just seems as though they have changed something with vector.h.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1