10 Replies - 522 Views - Last Post: 24 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Heya! New to the site!

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

My name is Charles
I'm 21 and live in NC
Programming Languages: I've messed around with C++, VB and Py
Years Programming/Designing: I'm really just starting out. I've written websites in html a few times back in high school, <_< , I doubt it will help me though.
Favorite Bands: Foo Fighters, A7X, LP, Maximum the Hormone :)
Favorite Number: 2 (if you believe you're sub par you're never disappointed :P)
Favorite Video Game:This forum isn't big enough. I'd have to say the Prince of Persia series, save the newest one for 360. Most FPS, save WaW,. Had characters on Illidan and Moon Guard until WoW became stupidly easy. Also a GH fanboy *sigh*, Yes I do own and play a guitar as well. Must Buy list: Section 8, AvP (yes...AvP), Splinter Cell: Conviction. Gamertag: kriegor191
Favorite Quote: A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -Dan Quayle
Likes: A movie that allows me to forget that I'm watching it. I love all music, save blues, just not a huge fan.
Dislikes: Stupidity, texting. (redundant, I know)
If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, It Would Be: To punch people through the internet.
I can't wait to really get started!
Thanks in advance for all the help. :^:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Heya! New to the site!

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Heya! New to the site!

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code Charles! Glad you could come aboard and let us know a bit about yourself. I found your superhuman ability pretty hilarious. Makes me want to have that ability too from time to time. If you ever need help, just post your question along with whatever code you are working on (in code tags). We can help get you unstuck. It is what we do best! Until that time comes, feel free to chat with us all in the Caffeine Lounge.

Hope you stick around and enjoy the board! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

Welcome to Dream in Code! Not quite sure I'd go with punching people through the internet... Do we really need to cause any kind of head trauma to these people if we think they already bad enough as is? :P I'd like to do something.. but not that.

Btw, you for the humans, the aliens, or the predators(my fave)?

This post has been edited by .Aaron: 23 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hi and welcome to Dream.In.Code!

I hope that you enjoy your stay here. There are many excellent forums here at </DIC> that you can ask for help in and give help to others.

If you are posting a question please make sure that it is in the right forum. Then please make sure to post your code in tags like this :code:. Doing this will help us help you.

I hope that we can answer any of your programming or web development questions and if you can, answer the questions of others.

Regards,

Jamie

PS If you like MMORPGs like WoW you might want to take a look at Shaiya by Aeria games. It isn't bad for a free MMORPG.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

I'm very familiar with Aeria games. I have a character on almost every game there, somewhere. For the moment; after my breakup with WoW (a lot of drama) I'm not feeling any mmo's right now, not even Sacred 2 and it just feels like an mmo.
I'd have to say that I'm going to go with alien. More stealth required than humans and it's much more team oriented than Predator. Apparently (from what a friend said) there will be two predators, three aliens, and 4-5 humans per match. To be completely honest when it comes to topics like this, I have to hold my tongue about who I want to be until I see the mechanics of each "class".
And thank you for the warm reception! :wub:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

True, you never really know which one is going to feel the best untill you've actualy played around with each. Know you said your not really into it at the moment, but how is Sacred 2? Was thinking of checking it out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

First and foremost let me be perfectly clear: I am a customization junkie.
I actually think The Dirge of Cerberus (FF VII spin-off w/ Vincent) was a good game b/c there were about 150 different ways to customize a gun.

That being said, it makes perfect since why I'm interested in programming, doesn't it?
Also, I am in LOVE with Sacred 2's character design:
6 (number of classes) * 5 (number of divine powers) * 10 (number of skills allowed to choose) * 26 (number of skills total) * 200 (maximum level of any skill = level of character) * 15 (number of abilities per class) * 2 (first level options of augmentation PER ability) * 2 (second level options of augmentation PER ability) * 2 (third level options of augmentation PER ability) * 3 (total augmentations PER ability)
Recap: 6 * 5 * 10 * 26 * 200 * 15 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 3 character possibilities. Not including Armor sets (multiple total armor sets), weapons, the runes you can set in weapons and armors, etc. etc. etc...
When I say augmentation. I mean you can increase the duration of abilities, how much damage they do, per tick...outright damage increase, options to poison the enemy with certain abilities, make the enemy flee combat when struck...the list goes on.
Character Creation: 5 Stars
Music: Get's dull after a while...however, there is an awesome cutscene...I won't ruin it. 3 1/2 stars
Gameplay: With the ability to create your character how you envision them, I'd say that gameplay (in terms of fighting) is what YOU make of it.
I have several characters that are support (healing, buffing, debuffing opponents) And I have one or two powerhouses that are designed with ME in mind. Abilities are easy to use, it's a button press. Sometimes it's a timed thing, other times you may have to select a target. You can have 4 macros in-game that are allowed (xbox), if points are added to a certain skill, will allow you to use 4 abilities in sequence with a single button press, if not, then 2 abilities are allowed.
Game play in terms of everything else: I'd say that the occasional stuckness (?) that you get while the game loads can be a bit annoying, there are several, hundred quests. You could ignore those entirely or make it your lifes goal to finish them all. There are achievements either way (xbox). Online...is a blast. 4 people playing in essence, an amazing version of gauntlet (w/o the "same screen" detail) is EPIC, chaos ensues and all you know is that there's a cool down on your divine gift.
PREPARE: Everything in the game SCALES with YOU to a point. Some areas stop scaling but it seems to be a difference of about 30 levels in order for the scaling of low level areas to stop. That being said, if something is difficult, try again 2 or 3 levels later, you may find that you have a new ability that will help you that you didn't have before.
Hope this helps. :/

This post has been edited by kriegor191: 23 August 2009 - 07:26 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

Being a person who tends to obsess over those things (at times) myself, you've certainly impressed me. I was expecting a simple scale of 1-10 answer or something simular, lol. Can't say anything past that though. Sheesh, I can't even bring myself to finish the one Final Fantasy Tactics game because I've forgotten parts of my extreamly detailed plans for my characters. Think I spent more time planning for them then playing.. :huh2:

Anyway, sounds like it could be just as life-sucking as TES Oblivion was. Which is good. Provided you remember to sleep.

Edt: Speaking of online play, what other games do you play multi player in?

This post has been edited by .Aaron: 23 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

Lol, well I've always wanted to be a critic as a hobby, either movies, games, tv shows, whatnot.
Also, yeah, your first character in Sacred 2. Will Suck. Guaranteed. 110%. You won't know nearly enough of the game until about level 20 to make an adequate plan for a character. Yes, you will want to PLAN your first REAL character to maximize their abilities. Have fun! I did. I do <3 tactics games, FF, Fire Emblem, Suikoden Tactics and I can sympathize with your plight.
I don't play many games in multiplayer there are a select few I tend to stick to. CoD4, Street Fighter IV, Battlefield 1943 (the arcade one), Magic the Gathering (arcade), I do play SOME gears2 but it's not my favorite, Sacred 2 (though, like Pandora it sucks my internets life if I'm on for more than a few hours), Unreal Tournament 3, I haven't played ANY online for UFC though I would certainly enjoy a few bouts. Played GW for the longest time, :cry2: GW2 is P2P!!! Not fair! Give me that back!! You were supposed to be like GW1!! <_< I play GH, though my guitars are on loan at the moment. 12:00 here. Ooh! New XKCD! Sleep can wait one minute.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:14 AM

I know what you mean. I had that same problem back with TES Morrowind. My first character turned out pretty bad, and I didn't get very far with it. Stats increased quite a bit, lots of money spent one armor and a weapon.. actualy I stole the weapon.. but my second character was 10 times better right from the start. One thing I hated about Morrowind was that your character severely needed either longer arms, or to be able to bend. Had tiny little worn chase me all the was back to town because I couldn't reach it even while practically standing right on top of it. Anyway, think I will get Sacred 2 out from gamefly as soon as I finish Ghostbusters.

Right now, for multiplayer, I'm mostly playing Halo3, Gears 2 (liked Gears 1 better; currently obssesing over hoarde mode) and CoD4. Infinity Ward is going to have to do quite a job on the next game just to get me off of this one.. I was actualy thinking of starting a CoD4 clan.. little late, I know. But meh, I'll see how it goes. God do I miss Unreal Tournament 3.. that game was soo adicting. Halo3 just feels a bit empty.. they say double kill, but thats it. No tripple kill!.. gunslinger!

Anyway, I'll cut this short now, and I think I'll add you. lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

I'm the biggest UT fanboy. I still play 2004! lol. It turns out that on the server I was playing on, I was competing with bots and a few other humans. Unfair. But I was still almost always in the top 3.
Seriously though, Sacred 2. Gamefly that. Definitely, may turn out that you don't like it in the least. I've seen it get 9/10's and 4/10's on two completely different sites. Neither of which is known to give a paid review. At times it's an acquired taste and make sure to try EVERY class before making a final assessment (though I'm sure you will anyway). I love my Druid, can't stand my seraphim (both were after my first character).
Yeah hit me up on xbox sometime, it may be my brother on, ask for Charles. Gamertag: kriegor191
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1