What control may I use?

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1840 Views - Last Post: 25 August 2009 - 06:26 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Online Streaming

Post icon  Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hi to all,

I'm trying to create a Web Application using C#.net and it is an online streaming. What I mean is that there will be a set of video camera (let say 4), and what I will do is that the actual caption of all the video cam must be seen by browsing the application that I will develop. My question is, what are the controls I may use in this kind of application? This is my first time developing a web application like this.

Thanks in advance. :)

***Removed quote tags around text***
-jjsaw5

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Online Streaming

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Online Streaming

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hey jjsaw5

There's a lot of different ways to go about this, one way is by obtaining screengrabs from the camera themselves. Do the cameras have build in web servers? Most webcams or modern cameras do. Then it's pretty easy to do... basically what you do is get the IP addresses of the cameras, and find the output url of the camera's current shot, say 10.10.80.101/outputShot.jpg. This will generally contain the latest image of the camera. Then what you can do is wrap the images displayed on the webpage inside a AJAX container that updates periodically.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

View PostW3bDev, on 24 Aug, 2009 - 09:33 AM, said:

Hey jjsaw5

There's a lot of different ways to go about this, one way is by obtaining screengrabs from the camera themselves. Do the cameras have build in web servers? Most webcams or modern cameras do. Then it's pretty easy to do... basically what you do is get the IP addresses of the cameras, and find the output url of the camera's current shot, say 10.10.80.101/outputShot.jpg. This will generally contain the latest image of the camera. Then what you can do is wrap the images displayed on the webpage inside a AJAX container that updates periodically.

Hi,

Thanks for your response, it give me an idea in developing the application. But I think the video camera that we will use has no IP address.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

View PostnewProgram, on 24 Aug, 2009 - 05:29 PM, said:

Hi,

Thanks for your response, it give me an idea in developing the application. But I think the video camera that we will use has no IP address.

Let me know what camera(s) you are using and I may be able to help further.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1