- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
- Click Disk Cleanup
- In the Disk Cleanup Options dialog, select Files from all users on this computer
NOTE: If the User Account Control dialog appears, type in your administrator password and click OK, otherwise, click Continue
- In the Disk Cleanup > Drive Selection dialog, select the HDD (hard drive) you want to clean up, and then click OK.
- Now wait while Windows checks the computer for unnecessary files. Once that is complete it will list all the unnecessary files (and space that can be freed up by removing them)
- Once Windows has found all the unnecessary files select the Disk Cleanup tab, then look for the Previous Windows installations check box.
- Once you find the Previous Windows installations check box, select it and hit OK (If you do not find this check box, go to the next step)
- When you are prompted to confirm the removal of files, click Delete Files
NOTE: Before you remove the Windows.old folder, make sure that there are no important files in it.
And now you know how to remove the Windows.old folder from your system after you have installed Windows Vista. I hope you have found this tutorial to be helpful and informative. Thanks for reading