I had this problem when i tried to release my program and I couldn't figure it out and after messing around a bit i figured it out and figured maybe some of you have the same problem. So this is how its done:
1) Package your project ( Package & Deployement Wizard )
2) Once its complete browse to where it was saved ( usually Project folder /Package )
3) Open Setup.LST with Notepad ( it will prompt which program you want to use )
You can change the text at the beginning that says Copying Files, Please wait... to anything you like.
Edit this line: SetupText=Loading Installation, Please wait. . . ( thats my custom text )
4) Scroll down to DefaultDir=$(ProgramFiles)\Project1 and change it to whatever you like.
Change files path
Alright you may need to change where to files are installed for databases and such so this is how you do it:
1) Scroll down to "[Setup1 Files]"
2) Change your custom files from "$(AppPath)" to the path you want it
For my music run by the program its like this:
[email protected],$(AppPath)\Music\,,$(Shared),8/24/09 10:43:51 PM,3649502,0.0.0.0
Thats pretty much all there is. Everythings pretty self explanatory.
Thank you for taking your time to read this tutorial!