I had this problem when i tried to release my program and I couldn't figure it out and after messing around a bit i figured it out and figured maybe some of you have the same problem. So this is how its done:
1) Package your project ( Package & Deployement Wizard )
2) Once its complete browse to where it was saved ( usually Project folder /Package )
3) Open Setup.LST with Notepad ( it will prompt which program you want to use )
You can change the text at the beginning that says Copying Files, Please wait... to anything you like.
Edit this line: SetupText=Loading Installation, Please wait. . . ( thats my custom text )
4) Scroll down to DefaultDir=$(ProgramFiles)\Project1 and change it to whatever you like.
Alright you may need to change where to files are installed for databases and such so this is how you do it:
1) Scroll down to "[Setup1 Files]"
2) Change your custom files from "$(AppPath)" to the path you want it
For my music run by the program its like this:
File1email@example.com,$(AppPath)\Music\,,$(Shared),8/24/09 10:43:51 PM,3649502,0.0.0.0
Thats pretty much all there is. Everythings pretty self explanatory.
Thank you for taking your time to read this tutorial!