7 Replies - 1611 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2009 - 04:38 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 NitinPro  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 2
  • View blog
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 25-August 09

randomnly show Text while typing

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

Dear Experts,

I am working on asp project and make a web application for the end users.i wish that in my application i also embed a code due to which users while type for the frnds search then randomly while typing application shows a corresponding names with that same aphabets.

How to embed that concept on my application please suggect me as soon as possible.

Thanks
Nitin saxena
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: randomnly show Text while typing

#2 W3bDev  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

Reputation: 42
  • View blog
  • Posts: 379
  • Joined: 15-March 09

Re: randomnly show Text while typing

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

View PostNitinPro, on 25 Aug, 2009 - 10:06 AM, said:

Dear Experts,

I am working on asp project and make a web application for the end users.i wish that in my application i also embed a code due to which users while type for the frnds search then randomly while typing application shows a corresponding names with that same aphabets.

How to embed that concept on my application please suggect me as soon as possible.

Thanks
Nitin saxena


I assume you are referring to autocomplete based upon current entries? ASP.NET autocomplete extender can do this for you:

Link
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 NitinPro  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 2
  • View blog
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 25-August 09

Re: randomnly show Text while typing

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

View PostW3bDev, on 25 Aug, 2009 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostNitinPro, on 25 Aug, 2009 - 10:06 AM, said:

Dear Experts,

I am working on asp project and make a web application for the end users.i wish that in my application i also embed a code due to which users while type for the frnds search then randomly while typing application shows a corresponding names with that same aphabets.

How to embed that concept on my application please suggect me as soon as possible.

Thanks
Nitin saxena


I assume you are referring to autocomplete based upon current entries? ASP.NET autocomplete extender can do this for you:

Link



Thanks For Suggestion to go htrugh JAX.But Sir I have faced a problem while installing AJAX toolkit ...When i select.dll file of this toolkit ,application gave a warning about mismatch file and also some error related to tokens.

Please Suggest me.

View PostW3bDev, on 25 Aug, 2009 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostNitinPro, on 25 Aug, 2009 - 10:06 AM, said:

Dear Experts,

I am working on asp project and make a web application for the end users.i wish that in my application i also embed a code due to which users while type for the frnds search then randomly while typing application shows a corresponding names with that same aphabets.

How to embed that concept on my application please suggect me as soon as possible.

Thanks
Nitin saxena


I assume you are referring to autocomplete based upon current entries? ASP.NET autocomplete extender can do this for you:

Link

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 W3bDev  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

Reputation: 42
  • View blog
  • Posts: 379
  • Joined: 15-March 09

Re: randomnly show Text while typing

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

Try installing this support package:

Link
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 NitinPro  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 2
  • View blog
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 25-August 09

Re: randomnly show Text while typing

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

View PostW3bDev, on 25 Aug, 2009 - 10:24 AM, said:

Try installing this support package:

Link


Thanks For Link..But Sir When i instaling this server side extension kit ,it will only shows some controls of asp not whole or client side controls.......

This post has been edited by NitinPro: 02 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Jayman  Icon User is offline

  • Student of Life
  • member icon

Reputation: 421
  • View blog
  • Posts: 9,532
  • Joined: 26-December 05

Re: randomnly show Text while typing

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

Which version of the toolkit did you install?

Which version of Visual Studio (2005 or 2008) are you using?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 NitinPro  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 2
  • View blog
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 25-August 09

Re: randomnly show Text while typing

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

View PostJayman, on 3 Sep, 2009 - 06:15 AM, said:

Which version of the toolkit did you install?

Which version of Visual Studio (2005 or 2008) are you using?


i m using studio 2005 and asp 2.0 but AJAX toolkit always shows an error while installing..."Error related to missing public tokens" just like that
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 Jayman  Icon User is offline

  • Student of Life
  • member icon

Reputation: 421
  • View blog
  • Posts: 9,532
  • Joined: 26-December 05

Re: randomnly show Text while typing

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

Ok, I understand that you are getting an error during install. Which version did you download?

The version you see if you go to the Downloads link will only work with 3.5 framework. Version 3.0.30512

You need to install Version 1.0.20229 which is compatible with VS 2005.

There is not an installer. You simply unzip the files, open the provided VS solution and compile. You can then get the created AjaxControlToolKit.dll which you can then include in any future Ajax enabled websites you build. Just add it as a reference to your projects.

You will find a new folder created called ToolkitTests after it compiles. Open it and look in the Bin folder for the DLL.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1