Strange 'Conversion from string to type 'Double' is not va

I get a very strange error. Hope anyone can help.

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 670 Views - Last Post: 25 August 2009 - 01:59 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Strange 'Conversion from string to type 'Double' is not va

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

Ok, I have a PictureBox, some TextBoxes and a 'generate' button.

Private Sub Generate(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Generatebtn.Click
		PictureBox1.ImageLocation = "http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=" + NameTB.Text + "&cardtype=" + CardtypeLB.Text + "&subtype=" + SubTypeLB.Text + "&attribute=" + AttributeLB.Text + "&level=" + Level.Value + "&magictraptype=" + SpelltypeLB.Text + "&rarity=" + RarityLB.Text + "&picture=" + URLTB.Text + "&set1=" + set1TB.Text + "&set2=" + Set2tb.Text + "&inset=false&type=" + TypeTB.Text + "&description=" + DescTB.Text + "&circulation=" + CirculationTB.Text + "&atk=" + ATKTB.Text + "&def=" + DEFTB.Text + "&creator=" + AuthorTB.Text + "year=" + YearTB.Text + "&serial=" + SNumTB.Text
	End Sub

I want to create an 'Image Generation' Program with a little help from YugiohCartMaker.net, and when i try to generate, this error appears...

Conversion from string "http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/y" to type 'Double' is not valid.

Also a question... why does it stop with "/y" and not with "/ycmaker/createcard.php?name="? :/

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Strange 'Conversion from string to type 'Double' is not va

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Strange 'Conversion from string to type 'Double' is not va

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

I just tried this replacing all the "+"s with "&" and the only errors I got were ones for missing controls because I didn't create your form, so try that.
Hope this helps.

Edit: You might also want to try using _ and adding more line breaks to make your code easier to read without having to scroll all across the page.

This post has been edited by Jay93: 25 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Strange 'Conversion from string to type 'Double' is not va

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

View PostJay93, on 25 Aug, 2009 - 12:43 PM, said:

I just tried this replacing all the "+"s with "&" and the only errors I got were ones for missing controls because I didn't create your form, so try that.
Hope this helps.

Edit: You might also want to try using _ and adding more line breaks to make your code easier to read without having to scroll all across the page.

Thanks! That worked perfect.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1