Advertising Program or Software for Website?

Need to find an advertising program or solution to websites advertisin

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 468 Views - Last Post: 27 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Advertising Program or Software for Website?

Post icon  Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

I have reviewed a wide range of advertising programs and software and I'm not sure that any are compatible with what my website needs. I have a website that consists of approx. 26,000 registered users. We currently have 63 small businesses from different areas across the US who have expressed an interest in advertising on the site.

What Is Needed
1. Separate login (user/password) for businesses to access an advertising form.
2. Enable the business to upload their advertising content (image, text, etc) and select 1 of 3 possible locations where they would like the ad to be placed on the page.
3. Select a length of time to run their ad from 5 options (1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month)
4. Select a start date from an interactive calendar. Based on the length of time that they selected to run their ad, the calendar will automatically propagate an end date.
5. Enable the business to select a payment option (paypal, credit card, etc) and pay.
6. Upon completion of payment automatically set up the businesses uploaded advertising content to post to the area of the page that they selected on the begin date and be removed on the end date.

More or less I'm looking for an advertising management system. I know its a little in depth but I wasn't sure if there is something out there (free or not) that can produce a similar solution or possibly even the frame work for the solution. I can configure the coding, applications and database work that is needed to produce this but everything that I've done for the past year I learned from scratch and I would like to try to complete this last phase in as little time as possible. If anyone has any suggestions or advice on how they would tackle this I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Advertising Program or Software for Website?

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Advertising Program or Software for Website?

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

This sounds like a perfect fit for BuySellAds - I would avoid building this yourself, especially if you're just learning. E-commerce/payment processing is not for the faint hearted.

If you're dead set on building it, it sounds like you have a fairly concrete plan for what's involved - create a table(or two) in your database to track the information that you need, and then get started. If you need help, remember that we're here. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Advertising Program or Software for Website?

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

View Postgirasquid, on 26 Aug, 2009 - 01:03 PM, said:

This sounds like a perfect fit for BuySellAds - I would avoid building this yourself, especially if you're just learning. E-commerce/payment processing is not for the faint hearted.

If you're dead set on building it, it sounds like you have a fairly concrete plan for what's involved - create a table(or two) in your database to track the information that you need, and then get started. If you need help, remember that we're here. :)

Thanks for the information girasquid. I'll look into the buysellads.com and get back to you. And yes, payment processing does seem rather intense after I did some additional research. Thanks again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1