• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

47 Replies - 2611 Views - Last Post: 19 October 2005 - 01:28 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Seroius sleep proublem.

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:08 AM

It was kind of funny when I first joined the forum. The night before I wrote my intro topic I had trouble sleeping because my body went to sleep but my mind was wide awake working on a xml problem.

Last night is the third night in the last week that I have lost sleep due to this problem. It's always the same. I go to sleep at a fair time in hopes of getting a fair amount of sleep. (11 pm to 8 am) Then after 3 hours I slowly wake up and realize I am over thinking about something (a website layout was last nights subject.) Unless I slap my self in the face I keep going on thinking about it.

No big deal, I need to do the work sometime. Might as well do it in my sleep. After I wake up though, I feel wide awake and can't get back to sleep for 4 or more hours after I wake up. Which takes your lovely 9 hours of sleep and turns it into 5.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any idea what the cause is? Any idea how to fix it?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Seroius sleep proublem.

• I liek milk!!1
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Seroius sleep proublem.

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:11 AM

I do sometimes. It's usually about girl, though. I get up and do about 50 pushups, if that doesn't work, I do 100.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:14 AM

Binge drinking
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

Tranqualizers, or some kind of sleeping pills... works for me.

Edit: damn you Rivera, and your faster than life reflexes

This post has been edited by Kanichton: 15 September 2005 - 09:32 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:48 AM

Kanichton, on Sep 15 2005, 11:28 AM, said:

Tranqualizers, or some kind of sleeping pills... works for me.

Edit: damn you Rivera, and your faster than life reflexes

It's the way of the ninja.

I have that problem a lot, I keep the laptop on the nightstand. Throw down in notepad save and go back to sleep. I've been working later and later and later though, was getting to bed around 11:30, now it's closer to 12:30... no bueno.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

Come on guys, I said I don't want to be up all night. Not that I don't ever wanna think again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:07 AM

For me, it helps to finish the project...or lose interest. One or the other, though it seems the former is what happens most of the time.

Also doing manual labor helps with the body wanting sleep enough to not think.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:32 AM

bja888, on Sep 15 2005, 11:44 AM, said:

Come on guys, I said I don't want to be up all night. Not that I don't ever wanna think again.

I just punch myself in the face until I pass out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Phish Schlapper
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:53 AM

I had a problem with waking up at around 4-5 a week or 2 ago, so I rode my bike around Socorro untill I was either extremely bored or really tired, usually both.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Touched by his noodly appendage

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:24 PM

first, take a cal-mag... calcuim/magnesium supplements, they calm your mind down a bit, thats what you need.

i think that at one point or another people go through that "nervous insomnia stuff" (girls, friends, family problems, school things etc.) and its just that the mind is too active to allow itself to fall asleep.

there is a book about ways to put yourself to sleep, but i forget the name, but a couple of things i remember from it (Ender did this in Enders Game to calm down) is start at 1, and double it, 2 double, 4, 8,16,32 etc. obviously this isn't as effective if you are a geek (these numbers should be tottally obvious). Its kind of like the "counting sheep" thing, but it makes your mind so focused on one thing that you can just doze off.

The method i remember being most effective is to think about a repetitive activity. (rowing a boat, running etc.) choose a small interval, and then every interval'th time that you do that activity, (row, step) think about something else. (seeing a deer, stumbling) do this a few times, and then introduce a new thing, so every interval'th time, you think the first thing, and at another random interval, you do something else ( see a rock, turn yoru head).

add things on slowly, and you wont even realise that you fell asleep.

It seems absolutely crazy, and i thought that too, but it works without fail for me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:32 PM

i have to listen to music or i can't sleep. not even kidding. i haven't turned my stereo off in like 8 years. otherwise my mind just keeps going and going. i think its partly why i am so fuckin insane.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:34 PM

I can't fall asleep without the TV on. TV goes off at 2:00AM automatically and comes back on around 7:30. However, I've been noticing that I'm much more awake if I wake up before the TV comes on than if I wake up after it... I think my mind now associates the TV as a way to sleep.

I had 0 problems waking up at 6:30 this morning, TV came on, I laid back down and fell asleep. Think I might need to just put on some music in the morning or something.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Touched by his noodly appendage

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

i have a very serious "waking up" problem. doesn't matter how much sleep i get, i just can't do it.

basically i just convince myself "5 more minutes.. wont matter... dont neeed to be up yet"

so i just find a focus first thing when i wake up. get clothes into dryer, get to the shower, go on the computer or something, and it gives me time to wake up a little more, and then realise that going back to sleep would be a bad idea
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Voltron's Daddy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:45 PM

Acid Reign, on Sep 15 2005, 07:34 PM, said:

i have a very serious "waking up" problem. doesn't matter how much sleep i get, i just can't do it.

basically i just convince myself "5 more minutes.. wont matter... dont neeed to be up yet"

so i just find a focus first thing when i wake up. get clothes into dryer, get to the shower, go on the computer or something, and it gives me time to wake up a little more, and then realise that going back to sleep would be a bad idea

Yeah I'm that way exactly. Except it usually is so bad it turns into "oh I'm already an hour late, another hour won't matter." Then, oh I already slept this much fuck the rest of the day.

Now, getting to sleep I recommend 3mg melatonin. You can pick it up pretty much any pharmacy or walmart. Just eat one an hour before sleep and you should fall nicely to sleep. It really helps me out. Melatonin is basically what your brain releases when you are ready to goto sleep and it knows that it is dark out. Otherwise, other herbs that work can be Valeria root, kava kava, and even sometimes 5-htp (don't get walmart kava-kava). If you want to go the herbal way, which is definetly a good way to go then pick them up online. Don't get the shitty sleeping pills at CVS, they suck terribly and everyone there has the same ingredient. Hope that helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »