What Programming languages Do Professionals Use?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

23 Replies - 9107 Views - Last Post: 05 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What Programming languages Do Professionals Use?

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

is that a trick question ?

a good profesional (not like me and that dude that keep talking how he made a OS in vb6) will be able to use several langauge. and must be good with them( making for cycle in c,c++ and vb dont count ). that is what a profesional programar is to me. Am i mistaken or there is lots of web programars like 50% of the world program on java, asp.net etc. ?

This post has been edited by NoBrain: 28 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

C++,C, Python, And Java

I guess.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

Chances are you aren't going to see a lot of production work done in brainfuck. Other than that, if it's a mainstream language then some shop will adopt it as their standard. Some languages don't lend themselves to producing software packages, but still find use in solving problems.

At my job, I've used VB, Java, C#, ASP, and ASP.NET for anything end users have to deal with. For job processes, scripts in VBScript, JScript, WSH, PowerShell. Services in C, C++, Perl, Python, Lua, even Tcl.

Understand that most programmers don't develop commercial software for others to buy. Rather, they provide in house solutions or custom contract work to address a company's problems. The tool of choice is the one that best fits the requirements.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:45 AM

Ok, seriously, do you think that we are studying all this programming languages in school just so the teachers can torture us.

Obviously, C++ or Java or C# is being used, it is just a question of "How in God's name did they do this?" Like the games you see online, some game developing company uses C++ developers to create these games.

And since I don't know the latest technology, such as .net, I cannot comment on them.

Depends on what you want to become, a Microsoft developer, then learn .net and WPF and whatever else. Want to be something else, C++ and Java and C# and Python. Want to be a web developer, HTML, PHP, ASP.net and wow, there are so many things that one could learn, and so little time in our lives.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

Really, you've forgotten a few languages. I've done work (actual paid programming) in assembly language (over 2 dozen different processors), FORTRAN, Pascal, Basic (not VB), and FORTH. there may be others, but I don't remember them.

Basically, any language that you get paid to use is something used by "professionals."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Stomach
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:58 AM

Applications that use C++ lanuagage.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Villiage Idiom
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

C++ and Java are probably the most prominent
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

View Postsystemerror, on 27 August 2009 - 03:54 PM, said:

What Programming languages Do Professionals Use? I want to know what the big people learn, like the people who made firefox, google chrome and skype, I want to know what programming language they learned and made it with, Because I want to learn that and become a professional.

The only reason I put this post in section is because they don't have a topic for random questions.
so anyway can anyone please help?

well you want to learn faster programming and develope amazing applications for Windows and MAC at the same time
use delphi
delphi is the best programming languages easy to learn and faster then any net applications
vb net not harder c# not easy and c++ well you will take a life time to learn it

get with on delphi and see how good you will be

delphi should be the gamer coding because delphi has all sources codes for all and everything
delphi comes from pascal and pascal the source code more complete of the all languages

c++ was invented after pascal and became very popular but i advice you to learn fast easy and become a programmer
within less time and less work
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Really? You are going to reply to a topic that hasn't had a post since 2009 and suggest delphi?

Don't necro old topics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +