2 Replies - 2661 Views - Last Post: 18 September 2005 - 02:36 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Loading Different Pictures at different times

Post icon  Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:16 AM

Hello now I dont much about java. So I dont even know if this is exactly what I need but I am trying to make a Webpage that has 10 windows in it, and I am trying to load 200 pictures. So instead of having 20 different pages to load the 200 pictures I'd like to be able to load 10 at a time in the same page and by pressing the next button I would like it to load 10 different ones til you get to the end of the ammount of pictures. Could someone help me with this. Thanks for your time.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Loading Different Pictures at different times

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Loading Different Pictures at different times

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:46 AM

Hmmm...this sounds like a job better suited to either javascript or a server side scripitng language (ASP,PHP,etc...), or are you referring to a java applet? If not, what scripting languages does your webserver support? In a general sense, I'd be tempted to go with a database solution here, but it's not the only way to go...we can direct you better once you provide answers to the questions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Loading Different Pictures at different times

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:36 PM

Well thank you for replying I am talking about an applet I think. I dont have the page up yet on a webserver becasue I was trying to make it first. Beings I dont know alot about webpage making let me see if I explain what exactly I'm trying to do and if that will better help figure out what I need to do.

I am making a web page that has art on it. The page will load 10 different pieces of art into the 10 slots on the page. And I know how to make the page have the art already there but to change between the 200 different pieces of art I would have to have 20 different pages and instead of having that many to upload to the webserver I'd like to just have a database of the pictures and when the user clicks the next button on the webpage it would load not a new page but just 10 new pictures into the slots. If that does help I appreciate your patiece with me and I will try to explain it better if need be.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1