AntiCheat: Protect game against hackers?

Like HackerShield and Punkbuster... Anti-Memory-Manipulation

Page 1 of 1

8 Replies - 3806 Views - Last Post: 25 February 2011 - 05:20 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

AntiCheat: Protect game against hackers?

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

I just wonder if it was possible to make a program in vb.net that could protect a process against cheat engine and trainers. I know hackershield and Punkbuster do, and I want to do something simelar. It don't need to be so advance as Hackershield, but hopefulle be able to stop at least some of the hackers. I konw that I just could check if cheat engine is running and kill the process, but that does not help against the trainers. Lets say I have this simple program:
Dim integer1 as integer = 100
Private sub btn_down() handless btn.down
integer1 = integer1 - 1
msgbox(integer1)
end sub

I have successfully changed it with cheat engine, how would i go protecting this? (Anti-Memory-Manipulation)

This post has been edited by MaMK: 30 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: AntiCheat: Protect game against hackers?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: AntiCheat: Protect game against hackers?

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

May this be right: http://forum.cheaten...4681c7e74b7f7f5

This post has been edited by MaMK: 30 August 2009 - 04:07 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

Its seems like no one knows, but is it someone who know how they are working? How they protect the process against memory manipulation? Any tips on how to make one? Someone found in other language? Anything is good!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

There's not really an easy way to stop "changing" a program - unless you use very expensive software.

Battlefield 2/2142 for example use Punkbuster - basically each time you log online into a multiplayer game - software on a server checks the running code of the software and and checks for any known modifications made, which can be a sign that it has been hacked or "injected". As new ones are made, and found they are added to their database. Punkbuster is very adavanced - as along with banning your IP, they also take a screen shot of the game (on the server side) which is used to "confirm" a hack.

They also use another technique where each time the program is launched - memory/code locations are set randomly for certain parts of the code (they are not static like other programs) to make it harder - as the memory/code locations are different to the last time you ran it.

So, you could try to implement something that changes locations on certain parts of the code each time it is run so they arnt easily changed.

This post has been edited by PDUNZ: 30 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:14 AM

View PostPDUNZ, on 30 Aug, 2009 - 03:57 PM, said:

There's not really an easy way to stop "changing" a program - unless you use very expensive software.

Battlefield 2/2142 for example use Punkbuster - basically each time you log online into a multiplayer game - software on a server checks the running code of the software and and checks for any known modifications made, which can be a sign that it has been hacked or "injected". As new ones are made, and found they are added to their database. Punkbuster is very adavanced - as along with banning your IP, they also take a screen shot of the game (on the server side) which is used to "confirm" a hack.

They also use another technique where each time the program is launched - memory/code locations are set randomly for certain parts of the code (they are not static like other programs) to make it harder - as the memory/code locations are different to the last time you ran it.

So, you could try to implement something that changes locations on certain parts of the code each time it is run so they arnt easily changed.

Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:42 AM

I don't have any idea how to do this. Piman314 said:

Strings are arrays so i believe they are allocated at a different spot each time the program runs

Are there a way that I can make my vb.net dll do this. Can my dll make the app my dll is attached to, to change all it's memory location?

When i restart my program, I think it's done automatic. I tried the first time with Cheat engine, my memory address was 004098F4(its a integer). I restart the program, and the address was then 001E98F4. Is this what you mean by memory address, and does it change automatic, or haven't I understood it?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

That's part of it but you missing the point it also happens for every object you create is also give a random address.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

This seems right:
Dim ptr As IntPtr
	Dim ran As New Random
			ptr = Marshal.AllocHGlobal(ran.Next(1, 6))
			clicks = myint + 1
			Label1.Text = "Clicks = " & clicks
			Marshal.WriteInt32(ptr, clicks)
			clicks = ptr

This post has been edited by MaMK: 01 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 Guest_Ilja*

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:20 AM

Hmm,

I know this is an old post but I am trying the same at this moment.
What if we could do it like a virusscanner?
Try to catch a program which tryes to edit the memory part of the game/application we are protecting or is this impossible?

Ilja
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1