http://www.webconstructions.org/

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 1488 Views - Last Post: 03 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

SEO for My Website

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

I want my website (http://www.webconstructions.org/) to show up on Google. Let me clarify, I am a web designer and want my website to come up higher on Google. Right now it is not even listed in the first 100 for the keyword "web design." :v: Since that is a fairly popular keyword, I know it will be hard to get listed in the top ten, but I would at least like to get in the top 50! Anyway, do any of you have some suggestions on how to get listed a little higher on Google? Thanks in advance. :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: SEO for My Website

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: SEO for My Website

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

SEO is a complicated process that will take time and dedication. Participating in forums and having links back to your site are one way to help with SEO. Right now you are participating an a forum that you are allowed to post a link to your web site. You may not advertise it all through out the forum though. SPAMing the forum would not be tolerated either so you would have to make posts that contribute to the content of the forum. (Read the forum rules on advertising and signatures Forum Rules) This works because link backs to your site make Google happy. Another thing that makes Google happy is fresh new content. Blogs are great for this. You could have a development related blog and in the blog have links to your main site. Those are just a few things that you can look at. To a lesser extent signing up for Google's Webmaster tools wouldn't hurt either and submit site maps. Keep updating your site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:20 AM

I've never thought about doing a blog, but it sure sounds like a good idea! :D In your opinion, how should I do the blog, should I sign up for wordpress or blogspot? Or, should I make and host one myself? Hosting one myself kind of defeats the purpose of making backlinks to my site. :v: But, on the other hand, if I used wordpress or blogspot I would not be able to make my blog look just the way I want it (I would have to use templates. What do you think? Thanks for all your input! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

Wordpress or Blogger would both work well, you can have a link to your site at the end of each post. You can change the templates for Wordpress and Blogger to fit your needs. I use Blogger and in the control panel I can download the template and modify it and then update the template. If you had one on your site it would be adding fresh content to your site as well. Fresh content and link backs are both great ways to have your page rank increased. Having the content realated to web design and development will both help as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

OK, I'll look into maybe using blogger. I just found out that you have more options than you would with wordpress. They say you can even change the html, which would be great! It seems like it would be too much work to have two blogs (one on my site and one on blogger). But, I could add my own sub-domain to the blog, would that help? Thanks for your help! :D Any more suggestions?

This post has been edited by tim4christ: 03 September 2009 - 10:20 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

One thing I like about Wordpress is the ease of customization. I recommend using Wordpress as they have lots of great plugins, features and IMHO is way better than Blogger.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:35 AM

I am actually already a member of wordpress (for personal use). And I really do like it, but I would really like to be able to edit the html of the templates--something wordpress does not provide. Anyway, I'll give blogger a shot, if it doesn't work out too well I can always switch. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

I am not sure what you mean, I completely built my blog using HTML, CSS, PHP to tie in the WP engine.

http://blog.nykc.net

well either way - with a blog you will be able to keep fresh content coming in.

This post has been edited by Nykc: 03 September 2009 - 10:49 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1